I have a project on my hands and need some answers. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have a project on my hands and need some answers.

Hey guys,

1st off, i am a rookie at this diesel biz so please forgive me if i beat the brakes off of a deadhorse with some of my Qs. Yes i have done my research, yes i used the Search button on several forums but i still have a few issues. Now that we got that out of the way, here are the Qs.

1) I want to swap in a new interior. Will 08s accept seats out of diff years? I seen 07s with 08s seats.

2) I had my truck for about a week now and saw "Cleaning the exhaust filter" come on 3 times. Should i get my injectors checked for an injector thats stuck open? I am getting my DPF deleted as we speak but i am paranoid mofo.

3) I been doing research on upgrading my current lift kit ( i got a pro-comp lift with bilstein shocks ) and was considering Carli full coil-overs. Is it more hype than actual performance? I am looking to upgrade everything between the cab and the pavement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2011, 08:12 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
Hey guys,

1st off, i am a rookie at this diesel biz so please forgive me if i beat the brakes off of a deadhorse with some of my Qs. Yes i have done my research, yes i used the Search button on several forums but i still have a few issues. Now that we got that out of the way, here are the Qs.

1) I want to swap in a new interior. Will 08s accept seats out of diff years? I seen 07s with 08s seats.

you are correct on the 07's will take 08 seats, and the 08' will take 11' seats

2) I had my truck for about a week now and saw "Cleaning the exhaust filter" come on 3 times. Should i get my injectors checked for an injector thats stuck open? I am getting my DPF deleted as we speak but i am paranoid mofo.

cleaning exhaust filter will go away when you get your truck back, because you are deleting the filter

3) I been doing research on upgrading my current lift kit ( i got a pro-comp lift with bilstein shocks ) and was considering Carli full coil-overs. Is it more hype than actual performance? I am looking to upgrade everything between the cab and the pavement.

cant help you on this one, i dont lift my trucks, do way to much towing for a lifted truck, farthest i go is leveling kit, im sure someone will chime in on this, if not try a post in the suspension section on the forum
good luck
Old 08-12-2011, 08:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Good deal. Thanks for the info. So 08 won't accept 07 or lower seats? 08+ are bish to find at a decent price. I am not crazy about lifts either but i am however a firm believer in stout suspensions. If i could build a stock height crazy good set up, i would but it seems like any good kit comes with at least a 4.5" of lift.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!

im sure if the 07 will accept 08's , then the 08 will accept 07's but why would you want to put older seats in a newer truck?
just asking
Old 08-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My truck is an XL...so 07 Lariat seats would be a major step up
Old 08-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!

ahhh ic, the junk yard next door to me has a full 08' interior seats, center console, and matching door panels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.