6.4L DIESEL ENGINES由ADIATOR - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 03:20 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4L DIESEL ENGINES由ADIATOR

I'm loosing coolant, and it's leaking somewhere in the radiator. Called the dealer, and they say it's not covered.

Ive seen other's on here getting it done at the dealer for free? They want $1400 bucks..

Can anyone shed some more light on this?

Thanks

Last edited by GetLifted; 08-11-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2011, 07:11 PM

If they had told me $1400 I would have done this........and walked out.

What a bunch of crooks...

Check TSB 09-23-1. Some people have been able to use it to get their radiator replaced.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:22 AM

Yeah I hear you, and I'm thinking the same thing. Ford needs to cover this, the only thing is having a modified truck.. I just called another Ford dealer in my area, and they seemed liked they would cover it "over the phone - without seeing the truck."

But I could see going to another dealer and having them blackflag me with all the mods...

If I need to, Ill pay the money and be on my way but Id rather save this $1400..
Has anyone used the TSB recently? and Where, Maybe Ill drive there?

Thanks for any help
Old 08-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
you need to be in the 3year/36000 miles bumper to bumper time limit to get a radiator covered
Old 08-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

ya there are a couple tsb's on this issue (its a verrrry common problem on job 1 trucks) The latest one supersedes the old ones and there are only two ways it will be covered under warranty, #1 be under the 3yr 36000 mile original warranty #2 IF the thermostats are hyper-extended the radiator will be covered under the 100k powertrain warranty. ( according to my dealer this is pretty rare as the shop manager I talked to knew of 6 cases out of approx 250 leaking radiators he had had through the shop.)And guess how they find out if the thermostats are screwed up? They have to take them out if they are its covered if not then you get stuck with the bill. Other than that, your going to have to pay for it, but on that note $1400 seems high I had mine done last fall for about $1100, I had them make another key and look up the door code all at once for approx $1250. Do a search there are ALLOT of threads on this issue. Good luck!
Old 08-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to eric.davis
If you can't get it covered under warranty I would personally replace/install the radiator my self. Along with putting in new thermostats and the updated upper radiator hose. And since your at it flush your coolant system, install a coolant filter and put in some ELC coolant and call it a weekend.

FYI the bolts on the thermostat housing theres 4 of them they are 8mm. The coolant block drains are an 8mm allen. The radiator pet**** valve I was able to loosen by hand so not sure on that size but I'm pretty sure its 8mm allen or a 9/16 wrench its plastic so be gentle.

Radiator - Part #8009 lits $788.60
Thermostats - #8575 $39.95
Upper Radiator Hose - #8260 $78.91

also a couple of the other sites have sunrise ford as a sponsor that gives 20% off with free shipping
Old 08-13-2011, 07:37 PM

Humm I hadn't heard of the "Updated upper radiator hose" Ill have to check into that.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:28 AM

eric davis...rad drain.

where abouts is the plastic "p"c$ck?......i was under my truck yesterday looking for it to take a coolant sample. in relation to the fan shroud and two piece lower hose where is the darn thing ?? any chance of a picture>
Old 08-14-2011, 07:07 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to eric.davis
Lay under the truck under the left side frame rail and look up. Your hot side pipe for the intercooler is on the inside of the frame rail and if you look on the outside of it you'll see this

Old 08-14-2011, 07:11 AM

the fact that ford has a radiator in there that has proven to fail, weather its under 36,000 or not is total B.S. that should be a factory recall for the life of the truck....it's not anywhere near just job1 trucks....i have a job 3 or later and mine failed at 29,000............i would not own one of these if it wasn't under warranty......had a new 2002 explorer, new 2004 f250, new 2006 f350 drw..........every freaking one....every one... was in the shop with major issues while i owned them.. all under 30,000 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.