WHAT A DAY!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WHAT A DAY!!

So I start off my morning pretty good on my way to get my fingerprints done for a real estate license im apllying for. I was early so I stopped at a gas station to get something to drink really quick. I usually turn off my truck when I get down at a gas station but today I thought, well what the heck Im only gonna be in there for 2 seconds. I parked my car in reverse right in front of the door. While Im inside about to pay I glanced back at my truck and saw through my rear window a figure getting inside of it, so I drop my drink and hauled a** out of the store. I start banging on my truck as hes starting to pull away and yelling at the person to get the f*%$^ out of my truck!!! I get to my driver side window and look at the guy and he looks me straight in the face (keep in mind all of this is happening as hes peeling out in the parking lot trying to get out of this gas station, so just picture me running and banging on my truck)
He finally gets to the exit of the gas staion that leads into a packed street full of traffic but there was a car blocking him so he jumped a curb through some bushes knocking out a street sign as well and runs into the intersection almost hitting all the cars there and slams on the pedal and in a huge cloud of black smoke all i could say was BYE BYE truck.

15 Minutes passed until the police showed up and they checked the cameras and were able to see that the guy who took my truck was in another vehicle with another guy and they were able to see the license plate. The police found my car abandoned on a side street 3 blocks away from the gas station. The only damage was my side mirror that got smashed and everything inside the truck was still there. Even my SCT Programmer was still there!! pheeeww!

The cops pulled over the car with the license plate that matched the video and they had me go over and identify the driver, he shouldve never looked me in the face ahaha.

Turns out right after they ditched my truck they robbed a lady and she was able to ID them as well. Good guys win!!

Whats can we learn from this??

- Turn off your car whenever you get down somewhere!
- Or lock it while its on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2011, 02:08 PM

Dude, that sucks, seems to have came out OK in the end but still not good. I use the door code bar thing to lock my truck if I'm going to leave it running without me in it.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:42 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

Dam dude. That was close! I grew up in a town of less than 600 people, and I could leave my truck/car running while I ran inside to get somethingg to drink or whatever. But the town has alot of newbies there and lots of outsiders pass through, wor k there or whatever. I wouldn't do it now unless someone was in my truck.

Sent from my Acer Android Tablet
Old 08-09-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymel417 View Post
Whats can we learn from this??

- Turn off your car whenever you get down somewhere!
- Or lock it while its on!
Take the Keys with you.

Glad it wasn't much worse and even happier the bastards got caught. But seriously, leaving the keys in a running vehicle and walking away. Might as well put a sign on it that says Free Truck.

At least it all had a happy ending.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Glad you got it back. Valuable lesson.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Glad this didnt turn out much worse.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:07 AM

Yea im glad it all turned out ok!

The reason why i didnt lock it using the key pad is because I bought the truck used and the dealership didnt know what the code was??

Anyone know how I can figure out what the code is?
Old 08-10-2011, 06:21 AM

I think a Ford dealer has to access your computer to reset it.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:24 AM

My truck is at the ford dealer now cuz the guy who stole it apparently "lost" the keys and I only had one set so they are changing all the locks on my truck, might as well ask them to see about that.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:21 AM

Yeah, the dealer should be able to extract or reprogram it for you. Insurance covering it or is it less then the deductible for the repairs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.