A little worried about what the dealership will say. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 06:37 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A little worried about what the dealership will say.

long time looker first time poster, hope someone can tell me what i should expect. taking my 2010 f250 to dealer tomorrow to get my back up camera replaced under warranty.

Well the first thing they will notice is the H&S mini max- and if they look under the truck the DPF is removed. I cant think of any reason they would need to plug a scanner in. i have had the latest flash about a month ago. b4-the mods where installed.

Should i just bite the bullet and pay the $407.00 for the camera and install it myself?

kinda sucks i just got the mods done 3-weeks ago. any advice?

thanks- Doug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Chug-a-lug!!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:57 PM

you dont think they will flag me? its not the dealership i bought the truck from.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Chug-a-lug!!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've taken my truck in for warranty work on the motor and they never said anything about my straight exhaust. I just returned mine to stock first. Might be different for you though with the dpf delete.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:14 PM
bye bye 6.4L

ahhh you'll be fine, they have to know how hard the dpf is on the truck. They will probably think it was a good idea.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:21 PM

Yeah probobly a little worried for nothing, whats the worst that could happen? they flag me and i blow a motor right? whats one of theese 6.4's cost - about 7k or so? lol.

thanks for the advice hopefully their as cool about it as you are.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

it depends on the dealership, my buddy and I always put the DPF back on and set it back to stock on his 6.4 just to be sure, you never know the service managers at the dealerships, or if they are having a bad day. it was hell setting it back to stock, the DPF and cat are heaaavyyy. it but it's worth it just in case you have any issues under your warranty time period.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younger1993 View Post
it depends on the dealership, my buddy and I always put the DPF back on and set it back to stock on his 6.4 just to be sure, you never know the service managers at the dealerships, or if they are having a bad day. it was hell setting it back to stock, the DPF and cat are heaaavyyy. it but it's worth it just in case you have any issues under your warranty time period.
not really option for me, I broke a sensor that was attached to the DPF. Before I go to the trouble of re-installing everything then removing it again, I would be better off spending the 400 on the camera.

I think I'm going to roll the dice and see what happens. I will give an update tomarrow.
note:- wife thinks I should put a 50 in the glove box with a nice note attached.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Most dealerships will still honor your warranty so long as the modifications do not directly or indirectly cause the issue. For example, if you have a lifted truck, they won't cover your shocks if one breaks. If you've done full deletes, they won't warranty something in the transmission. Doing the deletes won't have anything to do with your backup camera not working so warranty should take care of that.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Advantage View Post
Most dealerships will still honor your warranty so long as the modifications do not directly or indirectly cause the issue. For example, if you have a lifted truck, they won't cover your shocks if one breaks. If you've done full deletes, they won't warranty something in the transmission. Doing the deletes won't have anything to do with your backup camera not working so warranty should take care of that.
I know they will warrant the camera, I just dont want them to flag my drivetrain. I only have 16k miles on the truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.