6.4 with 100k miles - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 05:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4 with 100k miles

How are the 6.4's holding up when they get close and/or pass that 100,000 mile mark?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2011, 11:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

whos got the highest ticker on a 6.4

Lots of posts on here ranging from very low to very high milage.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have an 08 with 130,000 on it and at 78,000 new turbo and at 108,000 complete new fuel system including high pressure pump low pressure, fuel rails, injectors all of them new lines new filters, flush and clean tank and it was 10g's for this work which was not under warranty at all. Ford stated even if it had been under the mileage warranty with it having water in the fuel they still would not warranty it at all. Now i am at the 130,000 mark and it is back in the shop due to loosing coolant and having oil in the water resevoir and i am being told its either the oil/egr cooler or the front cover has cavitated behind the water pump which i am looking at about 3,000 for this so please check your fuel serperator weekly and keep it serviced exactly like ford says if not before there suggestions to be safe and don't wait to get something looked at when you think something is wrong because it will turn into a nightmare if you don't. If you can trade it in on the 11 with the 6.7 its the new ford built motor and its getting great reviews
Old 07-31-2011, 10:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

my truck is at ford place now it has 101xxx on it and its having a short block put in it because the piston started hitting the bottom of the head and my dads 08 has 167000 on it and it had a new motor at 130xxx because somethin busted and filled a cylinder full of water and made it bend a rod
Old 07-31-2011, 11:09 AM

i have 180,000 on my 08 and it runs like a dream. I have yet to have any major issues
Old 07-31-2011, 02:24 PM

95K here on a Job 1, no issues. Take good care of your truck and you'll get plenty of quality miles.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankies31 View Post
I have an 08 with 130,000 on it and at 78,000 new turbo and at 108,000 complete new fuel system including high pressure pump low pressure, fuel rails, injectors all of them new lines new filters, flush and clean tank and it was 10g's for this work which was not under warranty at all. Ford stated even if it had been under the mileage warranty with it having water in the fuel they still would not warranty it at all. Now i am at the 130,000 mark and it is back in the shop due to loosing coolant and having oil in the water resevoir and i am being told its either the oil/egr cooler or the front cover has cavitated behind the water pump which i am looking at about 3,000 for this so please check your fuel serperator weekly and keep it serviced exactly like ford says if not before there suggestions to be safe and don't wait to get something looked at when you think something is wrong because it will turn into a nightmare if you don't. If you can trade it in on the 11 with the 6.7 its the new ford built motor and its getting great reviews
You must have a job 1 truck.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:28 PM

I have 111,000 on my 08 KR 450. I do alot of highway driving hooked to my 16ft construction trailer. My gvw is usually around 19,000lb. The only problems I have had are: pw steering pump and belt,front end drive shaft,front hubs and bearings, and hi/lo side accumalator. I run a sct,s&b cai,cat/dpf delete. Besides the normal maintenance ( I change oil every 5000 miles and filters every10,000). I have not had a problem. My wife hates the truck because I treat him like my son!!! I love it. Can't wait to get a 6.7 after it proves itself

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 07-31-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac97psd View Post
You must have a job 1 truck.

Please explain your logic. What features did the Job 1 trucks have that would have caused all these problems that none of the other 6.4L trucks have?
Old 08-01-2011, 06:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

well since i posted yesterday my dads truck had 5 0f 6 b0lts break out of the right side of the rearend chunk and busted the diff cover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.