Looking for some insight Oasis - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking for some insight Oasis

Looking to buy a used 08 450 with 80k on it. We will need it for hauling our horses and will put 20k a year on it. Truck looks pretty nice I'm just worried about cab off repairs. I live in a no emissions county so I can do all the deletes I want to it. Asking $26k for the truck. Could some help me out with an Oasis report before I pull the plug on it. Thanks
1ftxw42r98eb72557
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2011, 06:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvy423 View Post
Looking to buy a used 08 450 with 80k on it. We will need it for hauling our horses and will put 20k a year on it. Truck looks pretty nice I'm just worried about cab off repairs. I live in a no emissions county so I can do all the deletes I want to it. Asking $26k for the truck. Could some help me out with an Oasis report before I pull the plug on it. Thanks
1ftxw42r98eb72557
Can't the dealer provide an Oasis report proir to purchase? Or is this something that is only available after you take ownership?
Old 07-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
normally i don't post oasis's for people unless i see a genuine concern after running the vin

this truck has a LARGE history of repairs, infact it had the cab off of it twice. Left head and block were replaced the first time. Right head was replaced the second time along with some injectors. Personally I would stay away from it

edit - it'd be in my best interest that you don't try and use this information to lowball the seller trying to use the trucks history to your advantage

Last edited by sinner6.0L; 07-16-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the heads up on the truck, but are these not bugs that r now worked out? Should be ok now?
Old 07-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
could be okay, or it could be a money pit. I guess the same goes for any truck

we've had many 6.4s come and go that have never had any real concerns. then there's others that seem to never leave. Customer abuse and lack of maint/fuel quality seems to bring these trucks down quickly
Old 07-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the insight. From what the dealer is showing he had the truck in every 5k for oil change. I'm very lucky to be in a non emissions county so I can put on some egr deletes and dpf delete and let it run as it should. So I guess the motor truly has 40k on it with the replacement that happened.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey sinner6.0l,
can you run one for me , I bought my truck already but just curious if anything major has been done to it. 1FTSW21R08EC39336

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.