New Truck, and a great story! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Truck, and a great story!

Guys, after shopping diligently for 4 months to find a deal on a 6.4, I FINALLY bought one! I got a 2009 F250 CCSB with 57k miles on it. I found the truck at a Hyundai dealership of all places. The truck already had a 5" DP back exhaust w/ DPF delete but it had no programmer..... The truck had a check engine light on, and it smoked like a freight train due to constant Regen. After a 2 week "battle" with the dealership I stole the truck for $32,000! They had no clue what was wrong with it, other than the fact that Ford told them that it needed a $4500 stock exhaust. It's leveled with 20" XD machined Hoss wheels, Nitto terra grapplers, and a few recon products. Also has an Omega "train horn" under it lol. I drove 10 hours last night to get it home, and it drove great on the interstate. It only went into Regen mode when I pulled off for fuel a few times. (only 12 mpg at 71 mph). While driving it back I called up Performance Truck Products and ordered the H&S Black Max tuner with an AFE stage 2 PG7 intake. They totally took care of me!!! Tuner will be here Friday and I cant wait. Truck is constantly in Regen mode in city traffic, and it's so embarrassing!! Today I got: dirty looks, shot a bird, multiple cars rolling up their windows, and swerving to get around me to avoid the white smoke! Truck smokes like a two dollar pistol. I can't wait until Friday! Thanks to all of you guys with my research, I knew exactly what the truck needed to fix the problem. Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 06:15 PM

The oasis report doesn't specify if truck is an FX4 or not. It's FULLY loaded with DVD, Nav, backup camera, black leather interior, rear sliding power window, heated seats, ect.... But it has the chrome grill and bumpers unlike most fx4's. It also is solid silver but the door handles are not paint matched. Truck has Rancho shocks, but could have been put on with leveling kit? I don't know if it's an XLT on steroids, or a FX4. I'll post a picture when I figure out how lol
Old 07-13-2011, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

Probably an XLT.....the FX4 came with color keyed door handles.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:37 PM

look on the side vent/badge. if it says XLT then its XLT and if it says lariat then its a late model 2009 lariat FX4 that just doesnt have paint matched handles
Old 07-14-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by white07 View Post
look on the side vent/badge. if it says XLT then its XLT and if it says lariat then its a late model 2009 lariat FX4 that just doesnt have paint matched handles
Your absolutely right... It's a lariat according to side badges. That makes sense about it being a late model Fx4, I just didn't know you could get an FX4 with chrome bumpers/grill and w/o paint matched door handles. I still am having trouble trying to post a pic. I LoVE IT!!!!
Old 07-16-2011, 03:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wait till you put the tuner in, then you will really love it. Congrats
Old 07-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
wow, can't the previous owner get in trouble for trading in an emissions illegal vehicle?
Old 07-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Probably not as much as the dealership for selling it knowing that it was missing emissions equipment.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:08 PM

Programmer install was great, and the truck ran like a beast! No check engine light, and no more Regen. Truck ran soooo strong! I love it, but now I'm having serious transmission trouble! I have a thread about it in 6.4 Performance section. Truck is currently broken in a parking lot. Waiting for Monday so I can tow it to Suncoast Converters. I have no stock exhaust to switch out so that I could take to dealership for warranty work. Looks like this will be outnof pocket. New truck already broken... ouch!! I still love it
Old 07-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I find it unusual for someone to spend the money you did on that truck with it's questionable history and then have tranny problems that leave your truck in a parking and a big repair bill and still be happy with your purchase. I would have ran as far as I could from that truck in the first place and if my tranny went out a week after buying it I would be towing it back to them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.