F250 vs. F350 what parts are different? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-13-2011, 12:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 264
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
F250 vs. F350 what parts are different?

Guys,
What parts are different on the F250 than F350 in 2008?
- f/r springs
- f/r shocks?
- side badges?
- available gear ratios?
Thx,
M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 07-13-2011, 06:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 258
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
springs and rear axles and the 350 might still have offered a 4:10....2008 was first time for 3:55 since the 1987 f350...i think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 07-13-2011, 07:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 264
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What rear end does the F250 have?
What rear end does the F350 have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 07-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central CT
Posts: 244
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Please don't quote me on it, but I had always heard the big difference is the 4" spacer block in the rear spring stack of the 350, as opposed to the 250's 2", and the addition of a helper spring on the 350 rear springs.

I had priced out (built online) two similar trucks, one 250, the other 350, same options, back in '08. The price difference between the two was $200 more for the 350. I can't imagine they are truly that much different for the $200 difference.

Anyone here know for sure?

Tim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 07-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 3,455
Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
taller rear block in the 350. not sure if still true as new as 08 but I believe dana 80 instead of dana 60 in the rear. Not sure what else
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 07-13-2011, 08:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Carlyle, IL
Posts: 2,166
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by muntu View Post
springs and rear axles and the 350 might still have offered a 4:10....2008 was first time for 3:55 since the 1987 f350...i think.
They offered 3.55's in the OBS(1997) trucks, only got rid of it in the SD's. Unless you are refering to 350's only, then you may be correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t613 View Post
Please don't quote me on it, but I had always heard the big difference is the 4" spacer block in the rear spring stack of the 350, as opposed to the 250's 2", and the addition of a helper spring on the 350 rear springs.

I had priced out (built online) two similar trucks, one 250, the other 350, same options, back in '08. The price difference between the two was $200 more for the 350. I can't imagine they are truly that much different for the $200 difference.

Anyone here know for sure?

Tim
The rear block is true. The 250 and 350 use the same spring codes, just depends on the setup.

Really all you pay for is GVWR and GCWR, SRW 3/4 and 1 tons are the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvrider93 View Post
taller rear block in the 350. not sure if still true as new as 08 but I believe dana 80 instead of dana 60 in the rear. Not sure what else
SD 250's have never had a 60 rear, they had a 70.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 07-13-2011, 08:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 1,147
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo444 View Post
They offered 3.55's in the OBS(1997) trucks, only got rid of it in the SD's. Unless you are refering to 350's only, then you may be correct.



The rear block is true. The 250 and 350 use the same spring codes, just depends on the setup.

Really all you pay for is GVWR and GCWR, SRW 3/4 and 1 tons are the same.



SD 250's have never had a 60 rear, they had a 70.
I believe you are wrong with the SRW being the same GVWR. Cause my 350 is rated at 11,500. I don't think a 250 is rated that high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 07-13-2011, 08:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Carlyle, IL
Posts: 2,166
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jac97psd View Post
I believe you are wrong with the SRW being the same GVWR. Cause my 350 is rated at 11,500. I don't think a 250 is rated that high.
No I mean physically they are the same truck. The difference you pay in price is for a higher GVWR and GCWR in the 350.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 07-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 1,147
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo444 View Post
No I mean physically they are the same truck. The difference you pay in price is for a higher GVWR and GCWR in the 350.
Gotcha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 07-13-2011, 08:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Carlyle, IL
Posts: 2,166
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jac97psd View Post
Gotcha.
And your GVWR is 11500 in your SRW? Thats cool. I've always though about buying a newer f450 for the GVWR and GCWR with a shot drivetrain so I can just drop a 7.3 and zf6 in it so I can have a great tow pig I can still work on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors