avoid all '08 models? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
avoid all '08 models?

I am looking for a newer used work truck, want a '08-10 superduty. Of all the problem threads I read, almost every one starts off with the '08 truck. Should I just avoid the p.o.s. and safe myself the headache?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2011, 05:32 PM

Not all 08's are bad trucks. There are several thousands problem free 08 trucks out there. But to play it safe yes an 09-10 would be your safe bet.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Serving Our Country!

Get a '08 with higher mileage that have had the problems fixed or have been broke in.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdrum View Post
I am looking for a newer used work truck, want a '08-10 superduty. Of all the problem threads I read, almost every one starts off with the '08 truck. Should I just avoid the p.o.s. and safe myself the headache?
Probably has to do with the fact that the 6.4 didn't start until '08 so you won't see anything earlier.

Main problems have pretty much all been taking care of with TSB's. Things like radiator repairs, venturi T's, injectors, etc.. By far the most common issue is the radiator. Otherwise, the '08's are as solid as the '09 and '10's.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:15 AM

Actually, the 08 MY began in March of '07. Anyway, my Job 1 08 (4/07 build) has 61,000 miles on it and very few issues. Yes, I did get the extended warranty to 75k miles. I'll get a new truck in 2013 when the MY 14 trucks are launched. Till then, I'll be careful and hopefully lucky.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdrum View Post
YES..... none of them are any good, i think all of the 08's are broke down and off the road now.......if i were you, i would go get me one of those dura maxes or a dodge..... them is real nice
Old 07-06-2011, 07:33 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorsrock19 View Post
Get a '08 with higher mileage that have had the problems fixed or have been broke in.
Bingo!!!!
i actually just saw one at a local consignment shop by my house, 08 f350 same color as my truck below but lariat with 18's ranch hand front, and rear replacement, headache rack, it was a hot shot truck has 212,000 miles went for a drive in it, ran like a champ never been tuned all stock, only problem is the guy wants $27,500 for it i told him i would take it off his hands for $20k but it is a nice truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJEKTER1 View Post
YES..... none of them are any good, i think all of the 08's are broke down and off the road now.......if i were you, i would go get me one of those dura maxes or a dodge..... them is real nice
Old 07-06-2011, 08:07 AM
Don't you worry about it

I have a EARLY job 1 and I did buy it used with 40k on it but it has 85k on it now and I have had the Rad replaced and the Charge air cooler replaced (paint peeling off) I had an A/C door blend actuator behind the dash replaced (weird noise) I had the steering wheel replaced (not trucks fault, milking warranty), shift lever replaced (tow/haul button stopped working), digital climate control unit replaced (once again nothing was wrong with it just had a TSB on it and milking warranty), upper rad hose (leaking) and I think thats about it. I have fought some front end issues but a lot of that was tires and leveling kit. I got new tie rod ends, new drag link, and new track bar. Truck has never not fired right up though. Just keep fluids and filters changed. Oil every 4k for me and fuel every 12k. Trans every 30k. It will pass everything but a gas station ;-) Delete the DPF
Old 07-06-2011, 08:10 AM

The ones that have the most issues are the 8/07 and earlier which are the job one trucks they had the most issues. 8/07-12/08 is job 2 and they are really good and job 3 01/08-up and are just fine as well. Hope this helps
Old 07-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@TheDPFDeleteShop.com View Post
The ones that have the most issues are the 8/07 and earlier which are the job one trucks they had the most issues. 8/07-12/07 is job 2 and they are really good and job 3 01/08-up and are just fine as well. Hope this helps
fixed it for ya
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.