If I dont get the answers here Im gona end up in a DODGE! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If I dont get the answers here Im gona end up in a DODGE!

Okay here goes, Bosssman buying new(er) pickups. Hes thinking 08 to 10 dodges. Someone told him they can get 20 mpg with few modifications. I would like a FORD I think they are better trucks. We have GMs now and they suck. So here is my question If I get him to buy an 08 to 10 F350 4Dr longbed with the 4.10 ratio is it possible to get 20mpg. And do we have to deal with that exhaust fluid stuff. As you can see I dont know much about the new fords. I hate the Gms and do'nt care for the dodges either. Please help me or I'm driving a ram.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2011, 02:12 PM
The Silent Service

Company trucks are never purchased with the end user in mind. That being said, the Dodges are just the money pits. Their front ends and automatic transmissions just don't hold up. I doubt any Dodge in those years are putting out 20 mpg's without a DPF delete. Ford's would have to be the same way. A DPF delete is not something most companies would spend the money on for their fleet trucks. The fines are too much. If you want to make this arguement, get the figures on the maintenance costs, and the additional rebuilds the Dodge guys have with thier trucks (front end and auto transmissions).

As for the DEF, those exhaust fluids weren't introduced until the 2011's and the 6.7L.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Unfortunately, even with a full delete and tune on the Ford you won't see 20 mpg.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
But then you wont either in the dodge in a 4x work truck
Old 07-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanna6powerstroke View Post
Unfortunately, even with a full delete and tune on the Ford you won't see 20 mpg.
Yes you can. I avg about 21 mpg per fill up but I mostly do hwy driving.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i get max of 16.5 with 1-ton cc drw longbed 4x4 with all upgrades... dodges will always get better mileage with straight six design, but like others have said the dodge tranny sucks. i love my ford and wouldnt trade it for the dodge that i got rid of.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:33 PM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
The allison's in the dodge trucks are quite stout. That, and the cummins can, and will get 20mpg+ with a tune and dpf delete.

Otherwise, I agree. The front ends are trash, they make ford's death wobble look civilized, and build quality is sub-par to say the least.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:56 PM

Allison's are junk. After working at GM and working with transmission guys, they have come to hate Allison's. They really wont hold much power over stock..
Old 07-04-2011, 09:05 PM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I had, my buddy has, a 2007 2500 crew cab with an xrt pro, dpf delete and 90hp industrial injection injectors. It put down 572 hp, 1215 tq, and has been doing it since 100k. Currently at 173k with nothing more than LOTS of u-joints and balljoints. Not so much as a hiccup out of the transmission, and I'd have no qualms about running another one.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanna6powerstroke View Post
In 3 different 600 miles trips I averaged 19.6, 18.3, and last Saturday 20.2 MPG on the Spartan 275. All hand calcuated. Lie - O - meter was reading over 27MPG.

Kept the RPMS below 2000 at all times. It can be done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.