6.7 troll - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.7 troll

There has been troll's from other "brand loyalists" on these threads... I thought I might be the first "In Forum Troll", moving from one topic to another... . I have been driving my 6.7 almost 60,000 miles...

I average 85-140 miles a day....and have only gotten 11 mpg. Now keep in mind, from when I start it after breakfast, it doesn't shut off til 8 pm at night. It sits idling. in 100+ degree heat a/c cranked (seat too) keeping my computer, printer and shredder at operating temperatures...now my 6.4 (both ligament stock) would end up at 7.8 mpg at the end of the day pulling the same duty.
Now, I know the dpf cleaning used to kill my mileage, and I have bought my share of DEF...but the price dif between def and diesel per same function is minimal def expense compared.

After driving both trucks...(I must say the 2009 was a beast, killer truck..the 6.4 was the issue...) I would have to say, bone (or ligament) stock the advantage has to be the 6.7's.

I see the posts... my question is, why hang on to a 6.4 when the 6.7 has superior mileage, eld, def and 800 friggen lbs of torque? For those that remember when dirt still had a fresh fragrance, in the 70's, all the emissions crap hit the cars, 30+ years later the hp and performance came back. The 6.4 is essentially first generation pollution controlled diesel consuming government animal...it is time to let go...like a bad love... time to release those 6.4's to the dodge guys who have been waiting to move up...

(Disclaimer:Jack & Coke contributed to this post)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

That is interesting. I occasionally peek over at the 6.7 section to see what is being said by you guys. Seems kinda mixed on the fuel mileage. Some getting what they expected and others not so happy with what they are getting. Ford will have to get really crazy with the rebates before I will even entertain the idea of buying one. They just keep jacking the prices of these trucks through the roof. Would like to try out that cool seat though.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD132 View Post
That is interesting. I occasionally peek over at the 6.7 section to see what is being said by you guys. Seems kinda mixed on the fuel mileage. Some getting what they expected and others not so happy with what they are getting. Ford will have to get really crazy with the rebates before I will even entertain the idea of buying one. They just keep jacking the prices of these trucks through the roof. Would like to try out that cool seat though.
i wanted a 6.7 as well... wanted the increased power, more torque more interior options.....but they are so expensive........ so i tuned my 6.4 and got all the torque and power i could ever need... dressed it up with new wheels and some new exterior and interior styling...im very happy with it...... for now.....ill get a new one sooner or later.....a 6.7 maybe if they are still making them...
Old 07-04-2011, 10:17 AM

Humm I seem to be detecting a theme here, but I'll throw in my $0.02. Cost plain and simple, I got my 08 f250 KR crew cab 4x4 loaded 75K for $30K. I don't need a brand new truck and I don't even want to know what it would cost, but I'm betting I can almost get 2 of my trucks for the cost of one 6.7. I could take the difference and buy a boat or a motorcycle or both.... Or I could put $10K into my truck and make it more powerful more efficient and more durable than your stock 6.7
Old 07-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44magnum View Post
Humm I seem to be detecting a theme here, but I'll throw in my $0.02. Cost plain and simple, I got my 08 f250 KR crew cab 4x4 loaded 75K for $30K. I don't need a brand new truck and I don't even want to know what it would cost, but I'm betting I can almost get 2 of my trucks for the cost of one 6.7. I could take the difference and buy a boat or a motorcycle or both.... Or I could put $10K into my truck and make it more powerful more efficient and more durable than your stock 6.7
Quit trying to be so da## rational.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44magnum View Post
Now I wanna give away my 6.7 and get another 6.4!!! Naaaw..both trucks are great, for my purposes I need to keep it stock an warrantable if I have a problem. Having put 85,000 on the 6.4, and almost 60,000 on the 6.7, the major difference is torque, and mpgs. I could not coax the mileage out of the 6.4 that I get running the 6.7. Mileage while towing is identical I think with the exception of more power. My 6.4 had a couple of issues, one was cruising at 70 on cruise for awhile, then try to pass it would stutter, miss, blow gray smoke, clear whatver it was out and then run good. The 6.7 hands down more power, better gearing.... the extra $? It's a wash with fuel expenses from $1700 a month on the 6.4 to about $900 on the 6.7 more than compensates the additional $ on the note. Both trucks are great, just whatever suits your use..I have a high mileage job where I need to pull a f'ver (i.e. mancave) when I go to work..
Old 07-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by richc22a View Post
There has been troll's from other "brand loyalists" on these threads... I thought I might be the first "In Forum Troll", moving from one topic to another... . I have been driving my 6.7 almost 60,000 miles...

I average 85-140 miles a day....and have only gotten 11 mpg. Now keep in mind, from when I start it after breakfast, it doesn't shut off til 8 pm at night. It sits idling. in 100+ degree heat a/c cranked (seat too) keeping my computer, printer and shredder at operating temperatures...now my 6.4 (both ligament stock) would end up at 7.8 mpg at the end of the day pulling the same duty.
Now, I know the dpf cleaning used to kill my mileage, and I have bought my share of DEF...but the price dif between def and diesel per same function is minimal def expense compared.

After driving both trucks...(I must say the 2009 was a beast, killer truck..the 6.4 was the issue...) I would have to say, bone (or ligament) stock the advantage has to be the 6.7's.

I see the posts... my question is, why hang on to a 6.4 when the 6.7 has superior mileage, eld, def and 800 friggen lbs of torque? For those that remember when dirt still had a fresh fragrance, in the 70's, all the emissions crap hit the cars, 30+ years later the hp and performance came back. The 6.4 is essentially first generation pollution controlled diesel consuming government animal...it is time to let go...like a bad love... time to release those 6.4's to the dodge guys who have been waiting to move up...

(Disclaimer:Jack & Coke contributed to this post)
Perhaps you don't know but you're burning DEF AND fuel consumed by the DPF. Just because the new truck is using the DEF doesn't mean that it's not using the DPF anymore. And for what's it's worth I see my 2011 "cleaning exhaust filter" on the dash about once a day.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:34 PM

I went to tire kick a 2011 King Ranch and there were a lot of minute interior details that I really liked over the '09 I currently drive. I'm sort of a tech geek and like the latest and greatest so all the bells and whistles, especially, the digital driver interface on the gauge cluster was really appealing. However, I didn't like the way the signal indicator worked as it doesn't click/lock into position. I'm sure I'd get used to it though when I do decide to upgrade. I was really impressed with the engine and transmission. Seemed to spool quick and have lots of power when you gunned it. Not sure what the fuel economy was like as I only drove the 2011 for 30 minutes. Unfortunately, my truck being an '09 with less than 22,000 miles is a little too new to trade in right now. However, I do know what my next truck will be and I won't have to question durability, quality, or longevity because by the time I buy, these won't be Job 1 trucks anymore!
Old 07-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

08 6.4 was $29,000 vs 2011 6.7 comparable truck add $45,000.... thats why i didnt get a 6.7. i agree they are friggin nice and probably will be VERY good trucks, but my money tree died due to horrible drought.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:21 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I love my 2010 Job3 F250 Lariat/cc/sb; it has to be the nicest truck i've ever owned...this is my 4th diesel truck (06 F350, 07 Ram 2500, 02 F250). I get about 17mpg w/mine in mixed traffic (city/hwy)...mind you I have a dpf delete & spartan tuner. Never had a single issue w/the truck besides a thud under low speeds (>5mph) and the dealer took care of that under a tsb...frame shim. My truck is loaded out w/the exception of nav/sunroof. It tows like nothing is even back there; I thought about a 2011 6.7, but I never buy a first year production vehicle, so I didn't want to be a guinea pig, I also noticed that the 6.7 has even more emissions related crap then the 6.4...so in the long run i'm happy w/my purchase, but I def would love to have the a/c cooled seats..mine are heated & the lcd display in the middle of the cluster, but I can live w/o em.

Last edited by vntperformance; 10-27-2011 at 01:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.