Driver's seat has rips in fabric - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 06:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Driver's seat has rips in fabric

can i replace the seat itself (not the hardware) with a passenger side seat? i got a quote from an upholstery shop to repair JUST the bottom seat cushion with ford factory material for about $500!! OUCH! the material alone, from ford is about $300. i have a black cloth, 40/20/40 front seat. i can buy an entire seat for about $200 but most of the time they are passenger seats. are the seat cushions interchangeable or is there some difference between the two sides? i'd even consider buying black leather if i could find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2011, 08:57 PM

Driver and passenger are slightly different. You can get just a seat cover and foam bottom from ford, have a look at Tasca for prices.
I've seen seat covers and complete seat sets on eBay.
If your willing to spend $750 - $1000 to fix yours you might want to look at getting a pair of Corbeau's instead.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

seat repair

Go to a local new car / used car dealer and ask for a referal for who they use for repairs.

i did the same thing after my little brother used my F250 Lariet for a year and smoked in it. He is a helicopter mechanic and i am a suit guy, so my slacks were far more gentle than his Dickie's. I got my leather bottom repaired and re tanned which is a leather paint of sorts and ozone treatment done for about 350 bucks. they took the seat skin off and repaired and tanned in about 4 hours. the interior looked like brand new. I am very particular about my truck and nobody would ever guess the 02 has 290k. Looks better than some trucks with 10/k seriously
Old 06-29-2011, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tensixniner View Post
Driver and passenger are slightly different. You can get just a seat cover and foam bottom from ford, have a look at Tasca for prices.
I've seen seat covers and complete seat sets on eBay.
If your willing to spend $750 - $1000 to fix yours you might want to look at getting a pair of Corbeau's instead.
i know Corbeaus have racing seats, but i never really thought about them for this truck. do they make something that would fit?

i thought about seat covers, but i don't want to go that route because i'm going to own this truck for a LOOOONNNNNGGGG time and want to fix it properly. that's why i was seriously considering going with the factory pieces, even though they charge WAY too much money for them.

Last edited by wide body; 06-29-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Ground Power Stroke View Post
Go to a local new car / used car dealer and ask for a referal for who they use for repairs.
yup, that's exactly what i did. they are the ones that gave me the quote of $500. the "excuse" of the high cost is because of the fact that my seat base needs 3 different panels. because of the particular fabric/pattern that was used on this truck. they are black, but not just "black". the side bolsters are a different pattern than the part you sit on.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:17 PM

i pulled up corbeau's site. WOW do they have some nice looking seats. how would something like be used? would it be as simple as unbolting the ford factory seat and replacing it with one of those? you can buy an entire seat CHEAPER than having the one i currently have repaired! how STUPID is that!?
Old 06-29-2011, 04:34 PM

If all you want/need is new covers keep an eye on ebay or the classifide section of this site. Complete sets of factory leather and fabric seat covers with little use come up for sale often enough ... and for less than $500.

Example ... SOLD for $56
Ford F250 F350 Seat Covers Take-offs Cloth F 250 Crew | eBay

Complete seats also show up ...
F250 F350 SD Cloth Front Bucket Seats 08-10 (Stone) 450 | eBay

I've been looking at Corbeau's LG1 or Baja XRS.
My drivers seat doesn't seem to be as supportive as it was new and the fabric is dirty and has a small rip.

Factory seats are usually attached with 4 bolts, I'm not sure if the Corbeau's will bolt up to factory seat rails or not. Corbeau does sell seat rails made specificly for the Superdutys.
Might be a more difficult swap depending on how the seat belt attaches. Some years and cab configs have the belt as part of the seat.

There's a thread somewhere on this forumn where a guy has pics of the LG1's in I think a 99 regular cab.

Sorry I don't have any hard answers for you ... just thought that for the same money you could have a lot of other options. Especially if you can sell your old seats for a few $$.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:19 AM

great idea! i hadn't even thought about that!

thanx for the links and i'll do a search for the thread you mentioned

update: just did some kicking around on ebay and came across some katzkin leather kits for about $700. i believe the kit was for the entire enterior. i'm sure it would be a PIA to do, but i'd only have to do it once. i could have an entire new interior for not much more than cost of ONE seat cushion! amazing!

Last edited by wide body; 07-01-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.