2008 F-350 crew cab ride and mileage - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2008 F-350 crew cab ride and mileage

I'm getting ready to purchase my first diesel truck and just got a chance to look at the 08s. I really need a long bed for my work, and long bed 250 SDs are almost impossible to find. I looked at a 350 crew cab, and it looks really cool. I'm just worried about the ride being super rough without a load and getting extremely poor fuel economy.

Do any of you guys have a rig similar to this? And could you give me some insight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2007, 02:25 AM
Serving Our Country!

Just my 2 cents I think the long bed F-350 rides great. With SRW and 3.73 gears the MPG should be about the same as the F-250.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:36 AM

I just drove a friends short wheel base 350 crew cab. It drove very nice. I have a long wheel base 350 crew cab on order. I should be getting it in the week of the 20th. I have test drove both the 250 and 350 long wheel base and could not tell a difference. I went with the 350 because of height and towing. Either truck is going to suprise you in how smooth they ride.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:17 AM

Smile

My new truck is a LWB DRW CC Lariat, loaded to the eyeballs, max GVW, and it's a real bump flattener. The ride is considerably smoother than my '06 SRW short-box F-350 and on the highway it's like a real strong suspensioned Caddie - best ride of all the diesel pickups I've ever owned, and hands down the best of any new truck out there
Old 08-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spburns View Post
My new truck is a LWB DRW CC Lariat, loaded to the eyeballs, max GVW, and it's a real bump flattener. The ride is considerably smoother than my '06 SRW short-box F-350 and on the highway it's like a real strong suspensioned Caddie - best ride of all the diesel pickups I've ever owned, and hands down the best of any new truck out there

:drive:
Old 08-04-2007, 10:06 PM

Cool. Thanks for all the info. I don't ever tow enough to need a dually, so the SRW with 3.73 gears is what I'm looking for. The 350 4x4s are just soooo cool looking. They had a 350 SRW parked right next to a 250 SD, and the 250 almost looked like a Ranger. LOL

I was worried because I drove one of the old body style 350 SRWs a couple years ago, and man it rode rough. I'm glad they fixed it in the 08s.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:35 AM

My F250 is a Long Bed Super Cab and rides smooth for what it is.

It's not no where near as smooth as my C1500 Silverado Turbo Diesel but has a lot more towing and payload capacity.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:58 AM

Exclamation Chev diesel

David - you can get a duramax in a 1500 series down there? Pretty sure that here (and my wife drives an '06) it takes a 2500 or bigger. Hers is a slicked-up FX 4WD something-or -other but to me hers is like driving a 1972 Country Squire station wagon with wornout shocks. It ain't a truck in my opinion!
Old 08-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Premium Member

Usualy the longer the wheelbase, the better the ride, depending on the suspension upgrades of course.

Gord.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I've also got an 08 srw 350 and I love it. It rides way better than my 06 250 ever did (longer leaves an all). I do tow a fifth wheel, but it's my wife's daily driver and she won't part with it for anything. Hands down, best riding one ton out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.