how do u turn off dinger??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2011, 10:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how do u turn off dinger???

Does anyone know how to turn off the ignitions ding when keys in. It drives me crazy. Thanks for help.............Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2011, 07:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
haha, no but you can check your owners manuel or if you dont have one i can check for you. That's funny that you hate that, i do too.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:04 AM

you have to pull you ignition apart and theres a little tumbler in it and it activates your ding, so ive heard
Old 04-25-2011, 10:29 AM

Drives me nuts too, especially when I'm pulling a gooseneck around a farm field , getting in an out every few hundreds yards and it wants me to put my seatbelt on between stops.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonm View Post
Drives me nuts too, especially when I'm pulling a gooseneck around a farm field , getting in an out every few hundreds yards and it wants me to put my seatbelt on between stops.
You can deactivate that. Not sure if it's in the manual, but I did mine awhile back. Can't remember the sequence, but it involves plugging in and unplugging your seat belt 9 times or so with the key in the on(but not started) position. I'll look for it.

Found it.

seat belt

Last edited by XPLOSIV; 04-25-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:31 PM

Give this a a try... I did this with my 08 F250. It took a couple times to do it right but it eventually worked.

Preparation
NOTE: The driver and front passenger belt minder are deactivated/activated independently. When deactivating/activating one seating position, do not buckle the other position as this terminates the process.[*]Before deactivating/activating the belt minder, set the parking brake.][*]Place the transmission selector lever in PARK (P).
][*]Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.[*]Unbuckle the driver and front passenger safety belts.

Deactivating/Activating
[ol][*]Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (do not start the engine).[/ol][*]Wait approximately 1 minute until the safety belt warning indicator turns off.
[ol][/ol][*]
NOTE: Step 3 must be completed within 50 seconds after the safety belt warning indicator turns off.To disable the seating position, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt 9 times, ending in the unbuckled state.[*]After Step 3, the air bag warning indicator illuminates for 3 seconds.
[*]Within 10 seconds of the indicator turning on, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.[*]This disables the belt minder feature for that seating position, if it is currently enabled. As confirmation, the air bag warning indicator flashes 4 times per second for 3 seconds.[*]This enables the belt minder feature for that seating position, if it is currently disabled. As confirmation, the air bag warning indicator flashes 4 times per second for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the light off, then followed by the air bag warning indicator flashing 4 times per second for 3 seconds again.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

What about the dinger for the key left in igintion? Can you turn it off. I like 2 leave my keys in igintion, but the dinger drives me crazy. Thanks Chris
Old 04-30-2011, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogrider View Post
What about the dinger for the key left in igintion? Can you turn it off. I like 2 leave my keys in igintion, but the dinger drives me crazy. Thanks Chris
??? Thieves like that too! Or are you talking about being out on a remote job site?
Old 05-01-2011, 07:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The dingger would drive the thives crazy 2!!! No just do alot of in and out of my truck and like to leave keys in igintion. It just dings away......... Most cars and trucks had the little box you could pull out. There has to be a code to shut it off. I will look over manual. Was hoping someone had already done it. If no fix. Ill just have to get used to it dingging away. Thanks Chris
Old 05-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just pulled the bottom part of the stering colum off and found the wire that actavated it an just cut it. I think it was blue and white if i rember. There has been no other side effects, just no dinger anymore. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.