Fuel Filter Help Please - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Filter Help Please

Guys my computer crashed so I have a new one and all the info I saved is gone . I am changing my fuel filters and I have a question on the rail filter. The rail filter has to be "locked in " in order for the fuel pump to work is that correct? I had a write up somebody did saved but of course poof it is gone

I have the filter in but the fuel pump is not coming on I am assuming I do not have it in there correctly. I tried a search but tit is useless on here. Thanks ahead of time guy ppreciate any and all knowledge on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via AIM to powerstrokepros.com
I dont belive it has to be locked in to work the new ford style filter has an oring on the bottom of it and the whole filter is seated when the cap is installed. what do you mean by the pump is not coming on? you should always cycle the kay a few times to prime the system before starting the truck or you will suck air into the system.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well I can't do anything until Monday because the Idiot at Ford told me the part would be here today (Sat) morning and he was a s bright as a box the part will come in. I can't get the gasket for the HCFM until Monday.

I was doing the HCFM gasket after I changed the filters which in hindsight was a dumb a** plan on my part. Oh well live and learn the hard way.

Any way when I changed the filters and turned the key on to cycle it it did not sound like the fuel pump came on. I am going to take the rail filter out and attach it to the cap first then install and tighten. I am hoping that will do the trick. I will have to wait until Monday to do this and it will be afternoon before I can get to it. I have a dentist appt Monday Morning at the dental school and my back is going to be killing me being in that darn chair for 2-3 hours. I wish the titanium rods and screws in my lumbar would bend a little . Thanks for the reply will follow up on Monday night.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via AIM to powerstrokepros.com
did you by chance swap the water in fuel sensor connector with the fuel pump connector? they look very simular.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

All is well. Finally got the HCFM gasket today from Ford. Istalled the gasket and put the rail filter back in and she started right up.

Do not try to use the gasket once you take the HCFM cover off. That was where my problem was. THey swell up and will not fit correct. The gasket is $30.00 from Ford and it comes with new screws and some other stuff that I did not need. Thanks again for the all the replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.