Engine, Transmission & coolant filter options? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Engine, Transmission & coolant filter options?

I'm looking at adding a secondary filtration system for my engine oil, transmission oil and coolant. I have found a couple engine oil filter systems 50000MileOil.com - Product Information And FS-2500 :: Ford 6.4L PSD Engine Kit And only one company for transmission and coolant http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?...ROD&ProdID=763
Does anyone have any experience with any of these products? What are my other options? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2011, 05:35 AM

i just put on a coolant filter and an external transmission filter from diesel site. THey were very quality products and easy to install with great directions. I would highly recommend them.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:13 PM

I have the dieselsite coolant & trans filters as well as the FS-2500 oil bypass filter. I've been very impressed with dieselsites stuff, all of it has been very high quality for a good price. The FS-2500 is also a good piece, but you definatly PAY for it.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:28 AM

So the truck hit 95k and I got the tranny flushed again. While I was talking to them making the appointment we decided to change the external tranny filter as well as flush the tranny. They get it in the air and tell me oops! there is not one of those filters on your truck for some reason, we don't know why. Every other place I call tells me that they believe there should be an external filter on my truck (08 6.4L 350). Does anybody know why I don't have one? Do any of us have them? Is that why you guys are putting on the Dieselsite filter becuase the 6.4L does not have a fine filtering device on it?
Old 08-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to eric.davis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SuperDiesel View Post
So the truck hit 95k and I got the tranny flushed again. While I was talking to them making the appointment we decided to change the external tranny filter as well as flush the tranny. They get it in the air and tell me oops! there is not one of those filters on your truck for some reason, we don't know why. Every other place I call tells me that they believe there should be an external filter on my truck (08 6.4L 350). Does anybody know why I don't have one? Do any of us have them? Is that why you guys are putting on the Dieselsite filter becuase the 6.4L does not have a fine filtering device on it?
The reason you don't have an external filter is because you have a job2+ truck. Only the job1 trucks have the external filter. They switched to a different internal filter for the job2+ trucks and the external filter wasn't needed any more. And people put the diesel site filters on because its added filtration for the systems.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:35 AM

Build Date on door 05/07. I interpret this as May 2007 which is Job #1 I believe. However you indicate those trucks had external filters. But I don't. At least the mechanic believes I don't and I looked and cannot see one. Where were they mounted? What am I missing?
Old 08-18-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SuperDiesel View Post
Build Date on door 05/07. I interpret this as May 2007 which is Job #1 I believe. However you indicate those trucks had external filters. But I don't. At least the mechanic believes I don't and I looked and cannot see one. Where were they mounted? What am I missing?
Yea your truck is a job 1. I was pretty sure all the job 1 trucks had the external filter like the 6.0 . It looks like a roll of toilet paper. It should be on a transmission line next to the pan i believe
Old 08-19-2011, 08:47 AM

Still no resolution

So I saw my buddies 04 6.0L last night, tranny filter under coolers (front of truck) on passenger side on that truck. Looked on the 6.4 (mine) there were just rubber lines there maybe 6" long that connected more hard lines (no filter there). Traced the lines to the transmission without finding a filter.

OK fine, I will accept that I don't have an external filter (not much I can do about it). But how do I know that I do in fact have a filter (besides the large mesh screen) inside the transmission? Can I tell by the metal tag with the part number on the outside of it?

It is just unsettling when all you guys and the dealer tell me that I should have one......
Old 08-19-2011, 06:06 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to eric.davis
If you don't have one you don't have one. Then what you have is an internal filter. It's a better filter than. What the 6.0s had but if you want the added benefits of an external filter as well I would buy and install it. You'll only be adding extra protection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.