Radiator replacement... Ford squeezing for pennies - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Radiator replacement... Ford squeezing for pennies

Ok, I bought a ESP with my truck in 2008 for $2400 to cover the truck for anything that breaks with in 72 months, and or 100,000 miles. My truck had one radiator replaced at 29,000 miles under Fords warranty. Ok, truck now has 43,000 miles on it and went in for radiator #2 today. The factory warranty will not cover this radiator, I understand, thats why I bought the ESP for $2400 when I originally bought the truck. I have to pay a $100 decutable with the ESP.

Ford calls me up today and says we can't get your truck to leak. I drive 25 mile back to the dealer for my service tech to tell me, "3.5 hrs of driving and idling the truck if finally started to leak." "Oh, and with that bumper on there with the brush guard its gonna be harder to replace the radiator." "we might have to charge you extra labor for the bumber being in the way."

I have a BuckStop bumper with a removal (REMOVABLE) brush guard. 6 bolts and the thing is off!!!

If I would have known that they were going to try and get every penny out of me I would have removed the damn guard before I went to the STEALERSHIP!!!

I'm done with Ford!!!

KISS IT FORD!

Love the truck, hate the service!

Thanks for the rant...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Premium Member

I'm done with that dealership KISS IT FORD!

Love the truck, hate the service!

Thanks for the rant...[/QUOTE]

Fixed it for you........................
Old 05-05-2011, 06:54 PM

i have the 72/100k warranty too and was surprised to pay a 100 deduct. when they had to replace my egr valve and up pipe (bc they broke the egr tool etc, took them almost a week)
anyways they called me a few days later and said it was a mistake and will be mailing me a check for 100, i was quite surprised.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:27 PM

I have had four in my truck only 1 was free 100 for ever one since.You would think they could get them fixed.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via AIM to jsomer001
Talking Gotta love ford service

Had the exact same thing happen to me! bought the truck this year on valentines day, took it on a trip to dallas, tx from Indianapolis. Got back and it was leaking like a sift.. took it to them and they wanted to charge me for the radiator.. Y did I get the DaM ESP? Ohh, the radiator isn't part of the "POWERTRANE" warranty.. Really, I had the truck for 3 weeks and u aint gonna fix it?? lol.. Finally got ahold of the owner and he said they'd take care of it if it made me go away! lol..
Old 05-08-2011, 07:16 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
the deductable is there to keep you for bringing your truck in for every single little bull**** thing that breaks.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:44 PM

The deductible is there to drive down the cost of the warranty. The fact is, you could've purchased the ESP without a deductible. When you were quoted the price of the ESP, you likely didn't ask if there was a deductible. I know this from experience because when I called around, all the dealerships quoted me a "standard deductible" ESP--I had to explicitly ask for the non-deductible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.