Rednecks, diesels and black smoke rant. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rednecks, diesels and black smoke rant.

One thing I love about my little town is their are not many modded diesels, not that thats bad but I don't want a bunch of morons blowing smoke everywhere. Lately I'm seeing more and more of this though. Today when I was out and about a older 5.9 Dodge pulled up along side of me revved his truck a little, I usually only run Spartan 210 but it was enough to pull away from him. We take off from the next redlight and the guy covers everyone behind him in smoke, from every stop he does it. I can't believe someone can be that inconsiderate. I stopped at a BP and the same guy pulled in, was a nice enough guy but still really annoying. Oh he was super pumped to show me his air cleaner, it looked like one of the air cleaners on the forklifts I drive at work, was as big as a 5 gallon bucket lol. The whole back of his truck is covered in diesel exhaust. Sorry for the useless post but this has me pretty pissed, its bad enough to blow exhaust all over someone vehicle but to think that this retard may have people looking under my truck is infuriating. I think anyone that does this should just have their license suspended. I know some diesels do smoke but not that excessively.

Last edited by Chasin' Tail; 04-15-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2011, 06:12 PM

And yet you still raced him...because if you are talking about being mature then you need to look in the mirror first...
Old 04-15-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMM View Post
And yet you still raced him...because if you are talking about being mature then you need to look in the mirror first...
Thanks for the advice but I'm talking about blowing smoke all over the place at every given chance, my truck barley smokes at all.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Dim Sum
I wish my truck didn't smoke at all. IMO, there's nothing cool about it.

Only reasons I'm tuned are for mileage, reliability, and driveability. The smoke is a byproduct of that until the technology exists to make a diesel burn clean like a premixed flame.

I try to be careful when the diesel is cold to not dump on the throttle too quickly. I actually feel bad smoking people out when I don't mean it.

However, I wouldn't mind blowing a cab full of soot into a Obama stickered Prius.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:33 PM

I agree, I've just never seen anyone care so little about the people around them, I had to wait for the smoke to clear so I could go on a green.

Last edited by Chasin' Tail; 04-15-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:47 PM

Oh yeah, I feel the same way. When I get bigger sticks, a turbo and custom tuning I plan to make the #1 request to be for most of my tunes is to keep them as clean as possible. I don't run anything more than tow-perf on my superchips because even on economy it smokes when I have to accelerate quickly on the freeway or when it downshifts out of OD. There are some real winners out there, thinking that is what being a diesel fanatic is all about. I hate when I mention I am into diesel technology and suddenly the other person is making comments like "if it don't blow black, take it back" or "black smoke don't mean it's broke".... sorry, that's not at all what being a diesel enthusiast is. Trust me, my old man had plenty of soot belching beauties back in the day that I grew up around, but that was before you had a means of reliably making a lot of hp without a ton of smoke. I understand the allure. Old diesels just smoked, period. New ones really don't unless you make them.
If I had the loot, I'd be rolling in a DPF equipped 2011 powerstroke. Clean, good HP and TQ and decent economy over the 6.4... if I had one of those the DPF would go bye bye.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:52 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
i agree. i still dont understand why people think blowing smoke is cool. people dont get that smoke is wasted power and fuel, seems to me everyone around my town thinks smoke = power

a couple of weeks ago i was pulling a full 20' enclosed trailer.stopped at a stop sighn, the traffic was bad so of course i really got on it. and ov course made a little smoke. and of course i had to pull out in front of a older dodge dully. he passes me shifts it down and smokes all three lanes out in front of me. im like what an idiot. it took every ounce of control not to blow past him, only thing that stopped me was the fact that im not studded. hybrid race + 10,000 lbs + WOT not a good idea
Old 04-16-2011, 08:10 AM

People that are rolling coal, and not being smart are the ones who are gonna ruin it for all of us who care about mpg's and our trucks and people around us. If they want to be stupid like that put them in a neon with a fart cannon on it with big speakers.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:01 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
it will never change, some guys really love to roll coal... period. Dodges seem to roll the most with little mods and almost every guy i know that has a dodge absolutely love to smoke out an intersection.

Im not going to lie, i like to see it on full throttle from any truck on the drag strip or controlled area (dyno, parking lot, etc...) Like this pic from "highon20s", i think is a great picture and unique,

But on the street with innocent drivers is just plain dangerous for that much smoke.

Last edited by rdwngs444; 04-16-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:07 PM

Sorry but I have to call bull **** on the intake, exhaust, and Spartan on the 250 tune not smoking! I have almost the same set up and whenever the go pedal meets the floor you look like a freight train.....Just sayin!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.