New to the 6.4. What kinda fuel mileage are ya'll getting. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New to the 6.4. What kinda fuel mileage are ya'll getting.

I bought a 2008 F250 about 6 months ago. Its a crew cab short bed 4x4. It was bone stock when i got it and so far ive done the cat/dpf delete with a single 8 inch stack, edge racing evolution cs tuner and an afe stage 2 intake. Im only gettin 14-15 mpg and even less pulling my trailer and ive heard of people getting as much as 21-22 but that could be BS. Im just wondering what yall are getting and looking for any suggestions on what else i could do. Maybe a different tuner?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

16-17 mpg on average week to week with the F350 and mods in sig. Was getting 13 mpg proir to mods on this one and only 11-12 mpg average on the F250 6.4 all stock.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

On a recent run from southern Maryland to New York I got a bit over 20 (hand calculated) on my 2010 F250 2WD CC 3.55. Tonneau cover, Platinum Plus fuel additive, synthetic oil, and a nice light foot sure helped. City I get 13 to 14. Truck is bone stock.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to Dim Sum
I say you are a little low, but it depends how you drive.

My truck is capable of 20+ on the highway with a light foot under 70 MPH. However, since I tuned it, I have a hard time not playing with the boost so my mileage normally sits between 16-17 mixed.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:30 PM

I'm getting about 13-14, 70% city 30%hiway. I always let mine warm up before I drive it off and cool down before I shut it down. I know a couple guys with the 6.4 and one guy gets 9 the other gets 13 so I guess it depends allot on how you drive it. I use an additive when I remember (which isn't very often) I have a tonneau cover and CAI with stock size AT's. Pulling a 6000# trailer at 70-80 put me down to about 8mpg.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am average 14 - 15 MPG 60% city 40% hwy. I have an all stock 08 6.4 long wheel base crewcab 4x4.

I intend on doing mods (when i can afford to fork over the cash )
Old 04-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Question of the day, is the 6.4 worth buying or should I stick with my 2006 6.0 problem child? I love the truck but I'm affraid of having these huge bills once my warranty runs out in Aug. The truck has a long history or the normal 6.0 problems. Quite frankly I'm tired of this truck being in the shop even though I really like it! Whats the real world outlook on the 2008 6.4?
Old 04-11-2011, 06:32 AM

The 6.4 was designed to take care of all the problems associated with the 6.0 so it should last longer assuming you don't abuse it. You can always make it more robust by going with Head studs, losing emissions, etc.. but some of those can cost you warranty if something goes south and your found out.

I get 13-14 driving in So. Calif. City/Hwy use. I avg around 18-19 if it's just Hwy station to station and 10-11 when it's just City driving. All numbers are hand calculated.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I drive a combination of city and highway, but mostly city driving. I hand calculated my milage, last fill up, at 15.2 mpg and my 2008 f250 KR CC short bed is bone stock. It has the factory 20" rims and goodyear AT tires. The gearing is 3.55. I get my best milage between 55 and 60 mph.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for all the replies guys. Ive been tryin to keep a light foot the past few days and ive been getting about 16mpg but i just filled up today and im gonna be easy with it and calculate it by hand on the next fill up. And for stroknbroken i had a 6.0 before i got my new truck and i loved it till about 130,000 miles then it was n the shop more than i drove it. It had all the supposedly bullet proof aftermarket accesories(head studs and gaskets,egr delete,intercooler etc.) and i still couldnt keep it on the road. I love my 6.4!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.