I am looking now for some things that I will immediately order when I have the F-450 sitting in the drive way. However I am having a bit of a rough time finding certain things.
1. I want a set of the old school running boards that run from wheel to wheel. You know the ones I am talking about. Chrome diamond plated that widen out at the duels. I will be installing 1" LED's every 4 - 6 inches down the length of them. Should look sharp.
2. I am looking for a set of more aggressive tires that are also taller. Wondering how big I can go with a leveling kit. I don't want them to look out of proportion though and I don't want 20's so leave it alone. Just trying to fill out the wheel well and offset the gearing a little.
3. Want to mount a winch on the front but don't want the price of a fab fours or other kind of full bumper replacement. I would really like a Warn Transformer full brush guard kit but they cost a fortune too. At least with them I can buy it piece by piece though.
4. Is there a kit that I can plumb strait in to my fuel transfer tank that will tell me how much fuel is in it. If not no big deal.
5. Anyone know the best place to get windows tinted in SW OK?
6. Is recon lighting worth it or is there better options. I am either going all clear lenses or all smoked.
7. I want stainless steel window guards, not the abs plastic ones. I had them on my OBS but I don't think I have ever seen them on superduties.
8. Has anyone done a manual conversion on an 08- 10?
9. Who makes the best fuel economy tune. I am not looking for more power. Well at least not yet, I wont lie.
10. Last but not least, who makes the best looking and most sturdy mudflaps. I am not talking about the kind you screw to your wheel well. I hate those.
Thanks in advance for any help.
1. Those are going to be a throwback from way before my time, and I'm thinkin it's gonna make it look like a JcWhitney truck, but I could be wrong.... No offense.
2. Some say 37s fit with a level kit and some don't. I ran 35s, but there looked like there was plenty of room for the 37s but it did rub a little of the paint off of the radius arm.
3. Don't know much about winches...
4. Never heard of any kit like this.
5. Tint really is easy nowadays, I'd go to yellow pages and find the first place and hope for the best.
6. Recon is kinda overpriced(I've got it) and the LEDs look kinda funny/ricer to me now. I kinda wish I woulda just smoked the factory ones with niteshades or had them professionally done.
7. Never seen em, but this will contribute to what I said in number 1.
8. I've heard of it, but I can't personally remember where the threads are.
9. The more HP tunes get better fuel mileage typically, so you kinda have to go with more power to get more fuel mileage. But that way you get to go ahead and kill 2 birds with one stone. Most tuners have several power levels so you can go up as you get more comfortable with it.
10. Only mudflaps I've ever considered were the duraflaps and I'd think they fall in the category of the screw in ones....
Hope I didn't offend you with anything I said, and hopefully theres something of value or this will spark some other responses.