Looking for a few things - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looking for a few things

I am looking now for some things that I will immediately order when I have the F-450 sitting in the drive way. However I am having a bit of a rough time finding certain things.

1. I want a set of the old school running boards that run from wheel to wheel. You know the ones I am talking about. Chrome diamond plated that widen out at the duels. I will be installing 1" LED's every 4 - 6 inches down the length of them. Should look sharp.

2. I am looking for a set of more aggressive tires that are also taller. Wondering how big I can go with a leveling kit. I don't want them to look out of proportion though and I don't want 20's so leave it alone. Just trying to fill out the wheel well and offset the gearing a little.

3. Want to mount a winch on the front but don't want the price of a fab fours or other kind of full bumper replacement. I would really like a Warn Transformer full brush guard kit but they cost a fortune too. At least with them I can buy it piece by piece though.

4. Is there a kit that I can plumb strait in to my fuel transfer tank that will tell me how much fuel is in it. If not no big deal.

5. Anyone know the best place to get windows tinted in SW OK?

6. Is recon lighting worth it or is there better options. I am either going all clear lenses or all smoked.

7. I want stainless steel window guards, not the abs plastic ones. I had them on my OBS but I don't think I have ever seen them on superduties.

8. Has anyone done a manual conversion on an 08- 10?

9. Who makes the best fuel economy tune. I am not looking for more power. Well at least not yet, I wont lie.

10. Last but not least, who makes the best looking and most sturdy mudflaps. I am not talking about the kind you screw to your wheel well. I hate those.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Last but not least. Clay, you gotta help me get this truck bioed.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Nothing, really?
Old 04-08-2011, 06:50 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

C'mon guys, its not like I am asking you for money.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sorry i cant help you, but i agree with you on the old school window gaurds and diamond plate running boards have you ever looked at JCwhitney? they have a lot of stuff!
Old 04-08-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ronning View Post
I am looking now for some things that I will immediately order when I have the F-450 sitting in the drive way. However I am having a bit of a rough time finding certain things.

1. I want a set of the old school running boards that run from wheel to wheel. You know the ones I am talking about. Chrome diamond plated that widen out at the duels. I will be installing 1" LED's every 4 - 6 inches down the length of them. Should look sharp.

2. I am looking for a set of more aggressive tires that are also taller. Wondering how big I can go with a leveling kit. I don't want them to look out of proportion though and I don't want 20's so leave it alone. Just trying to fill out the wheel well and offset the gearing a little.

3. Want to mount a winch on the front but don't want the price of a fab fours or other kind of full bumper replacement. I would really like a Warn Transformer full brush guard kit but they cost a fortune too. At least with them I can buy it piece by piece though.

4. Is there a kit that I can plumb strait in to my fuel transfer tank that will tell me how much fuel is in it. If not no big deal.

5. Anyone know the best place to get windows tinted in SW OK?

6. Is recon lighting worth it or is there better options. I am either going all clear lenses or all smoked.

7. I want stainless steel window guards, not the abs plastic ones. I had them on my OBS but I don't think I have ever seen them on superduties.

8. Has anyone done a manual conversion on an 08- 10?

9. Who makes the best fuel economy tune. I am not looking for more power. Well at least not yet, I wont lie.

10. Last but not least, who makes the best looking and most sturdy mudflaps. I am not talking about the kind you screw to your wheel well. I hate those.

Thanks in advance for any help.
1. Those are going to be a throwback from way before my time, and I'm thinkin it's gonna make it look like a JcWhitney truck, but I could be wrong.... No offense.

2. Some say 37s fit with a level kit and some don't. I ran 35s, but there looked like there was plenty of room for the 37s but it did rub a little of the paint off of the radius arm.

3. Don't know much about winches...

4. Never heard of any kit like this.

5. Tint really is easy nowadays, I'd go to yellow pages and find the first place and hope for the best.

6. Recon is kinda overpriced(I've got it) and the LEDs look kinda funny/ricer to me now. I kinda wish I woulda just smoked the factory ones with niteshades or had them professionally done.

7. Never seen em, but this will contribute to what I said in number 1.

8. I've heard of it, but I can't personally remember where the threads are.

9. The more HP tunes get better fuel mileage typically, so you kinda have to go with more power to get more fuel mileage. But that way you get to go ahead and kill 2 birds with one stone. Most tuners have several power levels so you can go up as you get more comfortable with it.

10. Only mudflaps I've ever considered were the duraflaps and I'd think they fall in the category of the screw in ones....

Hope I didn't offend you with anything I said, and hopefully theres something of value or this will spark some other responses.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:11 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

I am think skinned, you have to try pretty hard to offend me. I do appreciate the help. As far as the running boards, I realize it will make the truck look old school but I love the look. Nerf bars just dont do it for me.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:17 AM

Call me redneck, old school, or stuck in the 90's but i love the look you are describing too, the only thing else you need is: two tone paint, a lighted visor and cb antennas on the mirrors
Old 04-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

We are planning too find a two tone Blue over Silver like my last one or Black over Silver so thats covered. I have tossed around the idea of a lighted visor but dont know if its for me. I like my CB antennas on my headache rack.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:47 AM

I am looking forward to seeing your truck when you are done, i dont have the $ to do what i want to mine. just buying the truck has about tapped our budget
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.