Love the ford, not so much the powestroke - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 06:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Love the ford, not so much the powestroke

So my question is this, why on earth would ford design a truck that is so delicate? I love everything about my powerstroke, except the fact that it has to regen all the time. It basically throws a temper tantrum if I don't let it finish its cycle. The thing is, I live in town and my commute to work is only about 15 min, and my boss just isn't going to understand when I tell him I'm going to be late because my truck needs to burn soot out of the exhaust to keep the hippies happy. I grew up on a ranch where our diesels ran/idled all day everyday. Now it seems that the diesel (known for strength, reliability, and power) is as delicate as a new born baby. The manufacturer says its harmful on them to idle for extended periods, can only run low sulfer fuel, must drive around in circles so the exhaust can clean itself, crawl under the truck on the side of the road to drain water out of the fuel, etc...... we never had to do all this crap with the older diesels, and the older ones got better mileage!!! Ok, I know what most replies will be.... just do a dpf delete.... well that's all fine and dandy, except then your warranty is shot. We pay thousands of dollars for these things, and a lot of that cost is for the security of a warranty. I'm not really not looking for an answere, just venting while my truck is in the shop...again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 06:41 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
SOOOO glad I own an 02.

No EGR
No Regen
No Cats

Only smog crap is CCV, and thats gonna be MIA soon, lol!
Old 04-01-2011, 06:44 AM

You can thank the EPA and the hippies for all of that.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:07 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you get too tired of it just call me and I will come pick that 6.4 up
Old 04-01-2011, 09:23 AM

Thank a treehugger and the goverment for all of it my first diesel was a 1986 F250 6.9 all mechanical except the glowplugs and starter.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
So my question is this, why on earth would ford design a truck that is so delicate?
Ford/International built one of the most reliable trucks on the road. The EPA screwed it up with all their BS. Its not Fords fault, dont blame them.

BTW- A DPF delete does not automatically void your warranty. That is up to the dealer.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:55 AM

Stupid hippies! Yeah I miss the days of rattley smoking bulletproof engines.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Don't you worry about it

The EPA freakin SUCKS! The regen process is so stupid. There should be a button you could push when you are about 30 minutes out from being home while on a trip to make it regen while it can complete a full cycle. I drove an 1hr and 45min turned around and drove 1hr and 45min back and the stupid thing started a regen when I took the exit to go home. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my truck, I just can't wait to get my H&S!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:13 PM

Yea, I can't wait till my warranty is up so I can do away with that crap. BTW, it voids the warranty with the only dealers I have around here. Can't afford to take the risk right now. Might just have to find me a good ole 12 Valve Cummins like I used to have to use as a daily driver. Might not be as fast, but I know for a fact, they are almost bullet proof, lol.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

6.4 problems

I feel your problems I have a 2010 f-350 (prior to it a 1999 with the 7.3) that I am beating my head against a brick wall with warranty work due to the fuel system. I do have a question and that is how does the water run through this rig? Does it come close to the fuel system at any point and can antifreze leak into the fuel system at any point? How could water get into the inner cooler and the air filter was dry?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.