Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

would like additional gauges, what mounting options do i have?

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  golfmedik 
#1 ·
i would like to add a few more gauges to my truck but have only seen the A-pillar mounting option. i use the handle that is mounted there too much to take it out just put gauges there. is there another "pod" option for a few more gauges? are there certain gauges that are available or can i pretty much add whatever i want. i was surprised these trucks didn't have a volt gauge or an oil pressure gauge. where's a good place to buy these types of things?

#2 ·
I've seen a lot of electronic gauges you can plug into the OBDII port and monitor whatever you want.

#4 ·
There are all kinds out there. Just to name a few Banks IQ, Edge Insight CS or CTS Dashdaq etc. They're not all tuners. Some are monitors only, like a code reader that displays everything

#8 ·
I would love to do a monitor instead of a tuner.

I have no desire to do tunes on my truck, the only exception being if the DPF needs to be replaced, I'll do a delete and have to tune at that time.

Any way I did a quick and dirty search and found one by SCT for about $150 called the dash scan data monitor and Performance calculator on extremediesel.com

It might be worth the money, I'll do a bit more looking and maybe buy one or something similar.

#9 ·
I love my Edge CTS for my F350. The monitor does not create a blindspot by being up on the pillar.

#11 ·
The trick is-just find a good monitor and use it! Especially if you tow a lot. These new monitors can save you a lot of headache by using them and trying to understand what is going on with the powertrain. I had never seen a DashDaq until I bought my Edge. Nice setup!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.