Factory driving lights not working..... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Factory driving lights not working.....

my factory driving lights stopped working this morning. i'm pretty certain that both bulbs didn't go out at the same time but i guess it's a remote possibility. where is the fuse panel so i can see if maybe the fuse went out? if that is not the case, has anyone else had this problem.....and if so, what was the solution?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2011, 07:55 AM

so i finally found the interior fuse panel, and looked at the only fuse i could find that mentioned anything about "fog lamps" and the fuse looked good. do you guys have ANY ideas what look at next?

the book lists it as "fog lamp relay feed, cornering lamps". so i'm assuming there is an actual relay somewhere? where is that? what do they consider cornering lamps? do i have those? i believe all of my other lights are working.

Last edited by wide body; 03-30-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It is possible that both lights have gone out at the same time. I would remove the light and look at it to see if it is burnt out. If you can't tell then I would buy a light and put it in if it works then you knwo it was burnt out and if it doesn't you know you have an electrical problem somewhere. You will use the light at some point anyway so it's not like you are wasting money. Good Luck let us know what you find.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:37 AM

thanx for the input. i forgot to mention in my original post that the little orange indicator on the headlight switch does not come on either. i will check the bulbs and see if they did go out at the same time. the other thing i'm going to do is see if i have power at the lights. if not, than i'll see if i can somehow get to the switch itself and see if i have power at the switch and just keep working my way backwards. for some reason i'm getting the distinct feeling this is going to be expensive.......
Old 03-30-2011, 09:38 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to skipnay
I have fog lights but not day time driving lights.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:16 PM

small update.....

fuse looked good, have power at the fuse but no power at the lights themselves. going to see if i can get to the switch wiring this afternoon, and also try to track the wiring from the lights and see if i can get lucky and find where the power ends.....
Old 03-31-2011, 06:32 AM

i ran out of time yesterday afternoon and didn't get a chance to "wire chase". BUT when i was pulling out of my driveway this morning, i turned on the parking lights and pulled out the switch to turn on the driving lights.....BINGO they came on!! i turned them off, then back on and NOTHING

am i correct in thinking that should tell me that the problem is in the switch? i would think if a relay was bad it would be bad....period. it wouldn't work one time and not the other correct? i'll still trace the wiring and see if there is some type of short that is causing this headache.

any opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.