Question for you guys - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question for you guys

My truck has 80,000 miles. I'm wanting to do some mods that are going to make my truck last. I know one of the main things is ditch the dpf i've decided on getting the xrt pro and some gauges( will most likely run stock tune), because here in memphis something that looks like a gps will get stolen in less than a week. but other than that what else can be done for longevity/reliability. fuel systems, brakes, anything y'all can think of. Right now truck is has 2.5" leveling kit (top gun) 4" block in rear, 35" Nitto Trails, HID's, S&B Intake. Any ideas would be appreciated i just know theres a lot of knowledge on here and trying to get yalls opinion. I do occassionaly tow 16ft trailer, no hardcore offroading or anything. Only plans right now are heavy duty bumpers and XRT, bed topper and roof rack. Thanks a lot guys I appreciate it.

Last edited by DUstroker08; 03-27-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2011, 01:09 PM

If you plan on keeping the truck a long time I would install a coolant filter.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

That is an awesome looking truck. I once bought a truck without an 8' bed. LOL. Won't do it again. Plywood 8', sheetrock 8', any kind of building material 8'. My prior truck was like yours. It does look awesome. I can not help you with the mods other then put a Ranchhand bumper on the front. Look at the damage that can be caused by a simple collision.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:32 PM
IBEW Journeyman Lineman

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I also recommend the coolant filter. Also some good synthetic fluids throughout and maybe even paint and under body protection. I've never bought any of the paint or under body protection but my parents always did when buying a new vehicle. And after 10 years they never showed any rust and the under body and suspension were in better condition paint-wise than most. The dpf delete will be a great upgrade that should make the 6.4 last longer for you.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Emergency Services

[QUOTE=737tdi;2421648]That is an awesome looking truck. I once bought a truck without an 8' bed. LOL. Won't do it again. Plywood 8', sheetrock 8', any kind of building material 8'. My prior truck was like yours. It does look awesome. I can not help you with the mods other then put a Ranchhand bumper on the front. Look at the damage that can be caused by a simple collision.

yeah i've got to do something with bumpers i got rear ended right before xmas and was a lot of damage. but hey man we got to love our VW TDI my girlfriend has an 06 Jetta TDI love how that thing rides and mpg ! shes only got 80k
Old 03-27-2011, 05:03 PM

Yea buddy had a shop rihno line the under side of his truck and it works great, DPF delete and good PM. for starters
Old 03-27-2011, 05:21 PM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordtruckfx412 View Post
Yea buddy had a shop rihno line the under side of his truck and it works great, DPF delete and good PM. for starters
What exactly do they rhino line ? I'm looking to get them to line the rocker panel and at least the fender wells

Last edited by DUstroker08; 03-27-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestroke08 View Post
If you plan on keeping the truck a long time I would install a coolant filter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
I also recommend the coolant filter.
which one? Could you guys post a link? thanks. Great looking truck OP, the mods you have in mind sound perfect
Old 03-27-2011, 08:23 PM

DUstroker08 I wanna say he had the frame, most under body cleaned and sprayed along with on the out side he had the guy make it look like a two tone paint job which looks really good cause his truck is gray and the liner is black ill ask him what else he had sprayed when i see him next. The coolant filter sounds like a great Idea but Ive never heared of them. Are you going to be adding alot of power down the road for like sled pulling or drag racing? cause if so I don't think head studs would be a bad idea.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

diesel site sells a nice coolant filter setup!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.