6.4L won't start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4L won't start

Hello All,

I have a crazy situation. I have a 08 f250 6.4 34K, running a black maxx tuner and deleted DPF. I have had 0 problems with this truck. I am not a fast driver but like to stomp on it every now and then. Anyway I parked the truck in the garage and went in the house. I went out 2 days later and it would not start.. Dead battery, so I assumed I had left something and hooked up the battery charger and left it on 35 amps for about 4 hours. Went to start the truck and it won't spin or anything. I get no read out to my black maxx, so I can't see any codes. The Fuel light, anti slip light, temp light, etc. just flash between each other. I have no idea what is going on. I took the positive batteries posts off for about 10 minutes and still no go??
PLEASE HELP....

THANK YOU!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I was reading on this or another site that there is a no-start caused by a bad injector or something along those lines. Some had a truck running fine, no problems, no codes, would not start after being shut off for a few minutes. They had it towed to a dealer, who said something about the fuel injectors, HPFP or fuel system. I'm not completely sure what the cause was, but it was a no-start out of the blue.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Premium Member

I just got it to start but the cluster kept switching between the icons of temp, fuel, etc. Ran the truck about 5 miles and ran perfect. shut the truck off and same thing.. All I did was to keep trying to start it.
Thoughts?? Not sure if it would be an injector?
Old 03-26-2011, 06:56 PM

May not be the injector but maybe the HPFP or wiring to it. I know there were a few that had HPFP problems and the wiring was rubbed by the cab causing it. It could be something completely different. I am in no way a diesel mechanic. It just sounded like something else I was reading. Hopefully one of the knowledgeable guys on here will be able to diagnose it.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:18 PM
Premium Member

I have a viper remote start installed. Could I have lost the "programmed memory of the keys for the truck some how? Can I reprogram the security keys?
Old 03-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Premium Member

Hey guys.. Just figured it out. Every time I plug in my head unit of my Black Maxx the truck won't start. Lights don't even come on on it. Need to talk to Casey at H and S and see what to do.
Thanks
Old 03-26-2011, 09:02 PM

Glad you figured it out. Maybe the tuner or connector is shorting out the can system?
Old 03-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Premium Member

If I leave the cable plugged in it seems to work fine but when i put the Black Maxx in the pod that is when it crashes. Anyone have any ideas on the why the unit is crashing they truck? I agree maybe a short?
Old 03-26-2011, 09:11 PM

You have a high and low speed can circuit at the dlc and if something shorts the high speed can your modules no longer communicate. That is what connects your ic to your PCM to your abs and any other modules on that circuit. Just two wires do all the data transfer.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:33 PM
Premium Member

You bring up a great point. When I had my Viper installed the tech said he bumped 2 wires and that is why my Maxx was not working. He went in and corrected the problem. Maxx started working again. Do you have any idea on what color those 2 wires are? ALso I assume they terminate at the dlc which is probably where the short is?? DOes that make any sense to you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.