New here, questions on 2008 F350 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 08:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New here, questions on 2008 F350

Hey guys, I'm new here but not new to ford or powerstrokes in general. I just got a completely stock drivetrain 2008 Kingranch F350 4x4, I've done some searching around here and started reading up on mods and whatnot but still have a few questions.

1. I believe I have a job 3 truck as the build date is 1/08, so if I wanted to go with a AFE intake or something I shouldn't have any issues right?

2. Eventually I'd like to tune it, DPF delete, and intake but not sure I want to lay the lump sum to get a kit or just do the air filter first and piece mill it together later, opinions?

3. Are there any "free" mods with these? I know my dirtbike and atv's have some hidden free mods that can be done, not sure on these?

I love the truck and I've only found 2 issues with it so far, 1 is the stupid passenger side air getting hot while drivers side blows cold thing and the other is the annoying "clicking/tapping" inside at the trans tunnel.

Any help to get this "noob" on my feet and running will help

Thanks,
Travis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2011, 08:18 AM

Welcome to the forum - and the Addiction!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!

man that truck sure does sound familiar

as far as tuning goes...i just installed my mini maxx, dpf/doc delete pipe, and afe stage II pg7 and i absolutely love it

free mods
never heard of any of those for these model trucks

lets see some pics of that ride you got
Old 03-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

First welcome aboard and congrats on the truck.

1. Yes you can go with the AFE intake with no problems.

2. You can get the air filter now and the tune dpf delete later. The dpf/delete and tuner must be done at the same time. You can't run the truck with a tuner on it and the dpf still on it. You must remove the dpf and tune at the same time.

3. Not any free mods that I know of.

The cold air on one side and hot on the other is due to the blend door actuator is bad. They are a pain in the a$$ to fix because I believe you must take the whole dash apart in order to get to it. If you do a search on here I beleive you can find some info on replacing the blend door. The clicking tapping I have no idea what that is.

The other thing with this truck is that maintenance is a must!! Check fluids weekly especially oil level and degass bottle. Change oil every 5,000 and fuel filters every 10,000. You also want to drain the water seperator on a monthly basis. It is located under the driver side on the frame rail.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:30 AM

Shouldnt have any issues going with the AFE intake.

For the DPF delete, i gathered all the parts over time. I bought used stuff to keep the cost down. My total for the used H&S XRT PRO and used 4" flo pro exhaust was just under 650.

Im not sure of any free mods. Maybe the PCV mod.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:37 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfreaked View Post
First welcome aboard and congrats on the truck.

1. Yes you can go with the AFE intake with no problems.

2. You can get the air filter now and the tune dpf delete later. The dpf/delete and tuner must be done at the same time. You can't run the truck with a tuner on it and the dpf still on it. You must remove the dpf and tune at the same time.

3. Not any free mods that I know of.

The cold air on one side and hot on the other is due to the blend door actuator is bad. They are a pain in the a$$ to fix because I believe you must take the whole dash apart in order to get to it. If you do a search on here I beleive you can find some info on replacing the blend door. The clicking tapping I have no idea what that is.

The other thing with this truck is that maintenance is a must!! Check fluids weekly especially oil level and degass bottle. Change oil every 5,000 and fuel filters every 10,000. You also want to drain the water seperator on a monthly basis. It is located under the driver side on the frame rail.

you can actually tune the truck and run it with the dpf and cat still on i did this for a week before i got to put my dpf on...i dont know about spartan or sct, but with the mini maxx from h&s when you set it up you select your truck and whether dpf is PRESENT or DELETED, now i would not recommend doing it for long because it tends to go into regen alot more
Old 03-24-2011, 08:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i know that ford dealerships have a mod on there computer that you can change on you ecm and it maximixes fuel pressure and ecomomy to gain like 11hp. AFE will be the best bet and i ran a banks six gun on my buddies 09 and did that with out doing the dpf. but it is better to do it all at the same time
Old 03-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Premium Member

I hear the same thing right by my trans tunnel. I tried to follow the noise and it sounds like its coming from under the dash more. I couldn't find any signs of it tho. It sure does get annoying.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:35 AM

Thanks for all the replys guys!

I am pretty sure I'll do the intake first and the DPF delete and tuner together anyways so thats not a issue. I'm pretty anal about all my stuff and I keep everything up to a "T"!
I just ordered a HID kit for my headlights and my fogs, can't wait to put them in! I'm also looking to install on aftermarket reverse light under the rear bumper to aid backing, I'll wire them in to come on when in reverse as well as to a uplifter switch.

Also thinking about a single sub for behind the back seat, a leveling kit for the front, maybe some lights in the bed of the truck as well.

I've read up on the dual climate blowing hot problem and found you just need to take out the passenger air bag and radio, plus all the trim there to get to the part, which isn't bad but haven't found someone who's done it yet to see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.