dpf/doc delete question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dpf/doc delete question

Hey, I recently bought an 08 powerstroke..I have been looking at dpf/doc delete systems. I understand you have to have a programmer..as far as the exhaust sytem goes after the new delete system is it safe to still run the stock system..I know ford/navistar makes a huge deal about the exhaust tips being a key part of the dpf system and I did not know if it would effect anything after putting the delete system on. Also, I wanted to know what i could do after the dpf/doc delete..i cannot seem to find a full exhaust sytem that comes with that option..can i buy one of the dpf back sytems and bolt it to a dpf delete pipe???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Let's go B's!!!!

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'm not completely sure what your question is, but you cannot delete the dpf alone and run the truck on stock tuning. Once you put an exhaust on and delete the dpf and all the sensors attached to it, you MUST have tuning on your truck to account for this.
As far as the tips go, on any truck with a dpf (all makes) the tips are designed to introduce ambient air to the exhaust gases before exiting out of the tip. This is because when the truck goes into regen the exhaust gas temps coming out of the tip are hot enough to burn you. The stock exhaust is designed to draw in outside air to cool these temps before exiting the tip, thats all. After deleting the dpf and proper tuning, there is no need for the factory tip.

I don't know if I answered your question or not
Old 03-22-2011, 03:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

If I understand the question, Yes a DPF back system will bolt to a delete kit.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yep,that is all i needed guys,thanks..yea I knew i had to get a tuner and I did find out i could bolt a dpf back system to the dpf delete pipe. But if i couldnt afford the aftermarket pipe i did not want the stock dpf back exhaust sytem to cause problems.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:48 AM

My Ford mech says you can gut the dpf and have no tuner and it will not go into constant regen. He has done it and has had no problems what so ever. i think i am going to do mine in a week or so i am sick of regens and had my engine replaced at 24,000 miles because of too many regens
Old 03-26-2011, 03:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

YO RUDY'S!!!

I bought these injectors for my 6.4 & been hooked up working.
Can I do this myself?
Old 03-26-2011, 05:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Dim Sum
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuk View Post
My Ford mech says you can gut the dpf and have no tuner and it will not go into constant regen. He has done it and has had no problems what so ever. i think i am going to do mine in a week or so i am sick of regens and had my engine replaced at 24,000 miles because of too many regens

I don't know about this as the sensors measure the pressure in the DPF to check to see if its full or not.

I would have him show you a truck with this done before you gut your 3,000 DPF. To me, the tuner is the better choice unless you have a spare DPF sitting around that you can afford to throw away.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:44 AM

If there is no pressure built up then it will not go into regen. but u are right i would like to find a dpf off of a wreck or something, you also have to think about emission tests every other year.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I picked up a CAT/DPF from a wreck at the u-pull & Pay Boneyard for $ 100.00 (cash, I don't think they are supposed to sell emission control components) was alot less than a delete pipe, Im using a Spartan from my 08 Truck, just had to buy a new license (pricey) but less than a new tuner, If you are going to do this, pull the sensors for re-installation after, the DPF is easy if you have a large roto-hammer, the CAT is a pain in the a$$ but can be done. the system works good with or without the tuner, although after I got the Ford re-flash, there is a new code for low back-pressure, according to my Ford tech, so many DPFs are cracking and failing, this was added to sense that problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.