Spartan in 08 F550 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 07:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spartan in 08 F550

I have the Spartan in my F350 08, and I love it. The fuel mileage gains and power gains are incredible. My friend would like to add one to his 08 F550 that has a service body on the back. Will the Spartan and DPF delete give him similar gains? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hard to say all trucks act different with tuners but i would think he should see some positive results!
Chris
Old 03-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm on my second 6.4 with the Spartan tuner Both trucks did DPF Delete and re-tune 210, my 2008 I waited till the truck had 84000 MI (wanted to wait out warranty) and started a small brush fire ( that clinched the deal)before I did the delete, that one I had until December, sold it with 229K on it and no problems, My 2010 I got in October, did the same Delete and Tune, and highly recommend it, I have 25K on the truck, and feel its more than paid for itself, the second license is kinda spendy $ 600.00, to use the same tuner, but again it was well worth it.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO 2010 PS View Post
I'm on my second 6.4 with the Spartan tuner Both trucks did DPF Delete and re-tune 210, my 2008 I waited till the truck had 84000 MI (wanted to wait out warranty) and started a small brush fire ( that clinched the deal)before I did the delete, that one I had until December, sold it with 229K on it and no problems, My 2010 I got in October, did the same Delete and Tune, and highly recommend it, I have 25K on the truck, and feel its more than paid for itself, the second license is kinda spendy $ 600.00, to use the same tuner, but again it was well worth it.
Spartan changed that. Now if you buy a different truck and can show proof of the new vehicle. (insurance card with your name and new vin). They will switch it to the new truck for free. I am sure it would have to be another truck with the same motor. Not for someone with a 6.4 that buys a 6.7.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

This was back in October, I Tuned/deleted the 2010 truck at 2000 Mi, I asked about that, and they said you need to return the 1st truck to stock, (COULDN'T BECAUSE THE TRUCK WAS STRAIGHT PIPED) then they will do, otherwise you have to pay, Still not a bad investment I put 145K mi on the 08, For the 2010, the tune was $600.00 and I got a CAT & DPF from a wrecked 09, from the U pull & pay boneyard for $100,( kept the stock DPF & Cat this time) the mileage and performance are well worth it.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:15 PM

Yep $600 is definatly cheaper than a new DOC/DPF and/or a new Spartan.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yeah, I forgot to mention that I hollowed out the used Cat/DPF, It helps with that "hair-dryer" noise( you get from a straight pipe), and if you go somewhere that they check for emissions components, they all appear to be there, I got stopped in Cali for some puffs of smoke, and when they looked under there, and all was good...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.