in need of some serious help asap - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
in need of some serious help asap

I have a 2008 f350 lariet that has gave me nothing but problems, been through two blocks now it has new radiator new starter new fuel pump new egr mod. recal all most all of them taken care of new caliphers and just about anything else u could think of now here is the prob. just put new rad in yesterday drove it 20 miles with no prob. driving it back home fan came on like it was getting hot and so it took a couple moments but everntually temp started rising like it was overheating , now mind you have no smoke all stock moter and tranny and no chips what so ever, not losing water or antifreezebut as the temp got hotter the tranny statrted to act up like it would not shift just high rpms immed, after that limp mode light came on and stayed on still high temp gauge tranny temp gauge at 0, after i got it home and let it cool off the fan still kicked on and tranny still wont shift right , i have never had any problems what so ever with the tranny so i am tryin gto figure out maybe if the shop that I just my truck back form hooked up somethimg wrong Is there any lines coming from radiator to tranny , I thought maybe they hooked them up backwards or something I dont know I am just really trying to find a reason I have to have this truck tomm to go out of town, any suggestions would help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2011, 10:25 PM
The Tamed Racing Driver

Sorry, I don't have any help for you. Hopefully someone will be along soon. Have you looked into lemon laws for your state? Seems like if a trucks gonna give you that many problems then I would look at a new truck curtosy of Ford.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No I have not tryed the lemon laws yet It has 100000 on it so it just ran out of warranty, I am not sinking a bunch more money back in to it, I just hope it is something easy and not too expensive to fix. i just sunk 800 in to it yesterday with new rad. and service so I am just praying for some kind of answers Im taking it back to shop tomm to see what codes we come up with. Thanks:
Old 03-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by problems 08 View Post
No I have not tryed the lemon laws yet It has 100000 on it so it just ran out of warranty, I am not sinking a bunch more money back in to it, I just hope it is something easy and not too expensive to fix. i just sunk 800 in to it yesterday with new rad. and service so I am just praying for some kind of answers Im taking it back to shop tomm to see what codes we come up with. Thanks:

You said the warranty was up. I been seeing some ad's on TV with warranty companies that will pick up where yours left off, or just purchase a new warranty from them, even if your is expired or over 100,000. I haven't looked into them so I don't know about them, just wanted to offer the info that mabye to check'em out. Google search shows usdirect.com and omniguard.com to name two of them. Anyone have any input to these private warranty companies?? Sorry if the info doesn't help.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:35 PM

That last post is really, really, good advice. Go to your Ford dealer and get the ESP/Warranty. I think you might be able to finance it through Ford. I had them include mine. It wasn't cheap but it's a heck of a lot less than a new engine.

I called in for service on Tuesday, gave them my VIN and told them what I needed. The response was "No problem, you've got ESP, your covered, bring it in Monday well have a rental car waiting for you".

Go get the plan!
Old 03-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschefer View Post
That last post is really, really, good advice. Go to your Ford dealer and get the ESP/Warranty. I think you might be able to finance it through Ford. I had them include mine. It wasn't cheap but it's a heck of a lot less than a new engine.

I called in for service on Tuesday, gave them my VIN and told them what I needed. The response was "No problem, you've got ESP, your covered, bring it in Monday well have a rental car waiting for you".

Go get the plan!

Sweet...very Glad to hear that!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:15 PM

Over 100k, you're not eligible for the standard Ford ESP. But they do have DieselCare... which covers fewer parts in your truck. Make sure you read the fine print, because not everything will be covered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.