I got screwed... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I got screwed...

Back in November I bought an '08 6.4. It is not only my first diesel but also my first ford. For several years my family has owned strictly GM. So I was a little hesitant but the truck was so cool, had a clean carfax, and was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up. When I got home I realized that the tail lights were messed so upon further invesitgation I discovered that they were '07 or older. I also got under the truck to check things out and found out that it was leaking oil up on the front of the block. I got the lights fixed then found out that I also have an '07 or older back bumper. About a month after I got the truck the chrome on the grill started bubbling up. Next, I took it to the tire shop to have a small wobble checked out and found out that the lower mounting bracket for the pro comp suspension lift was totally busted, 3 of the 4 front shocks were almost shot, and one of the steering stabilizer shocks was busted. Because of the nature of the problem they immediately started accusing me of abusing the truck and offroading it. I do not offroad and take excellent care of my stuff. And most recently, I ordered a 5" filter back system so that all I had to do when the warranty was up is get the dpf delete pipe. When I was taking the old pipe off I noticed a place where the pipe had been rewelded. I took the pipe apart and found out that there was a piece of 2 1/2" pipe used as a splice in the middle of the pipe. Talk about choking the truck! So to make a long story short don't make the same mistake I did. If it's a great deal be more cautious than I was!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2011, 06:58 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It sounds like the previous owner beat on it. How much did you pay for it and what was the mileage?
Old 03-10-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW794 View Post
It sounds like the previous owner beat on it. How much did you pay for it and what was the mileage?
it had 80k on it and I gave 29 for it. it's a badlander too.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:18 PM
<<< 6.4 Powersmoke

Sounds like it could have been wrecked before
Old 03-10-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselkane View Post
Sounds like it could have been wrecked before
Well that's kinda my theory.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronmcclure View Post
it had 80k on it and I gave 29 for it. it's a badlander too.
Badlander - is that lifted with the ford warranty? Did you get a carfax on it?
Old 03-11-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW794 View Post
Badlander - is that lifted with the ford warranty? Did you get a carfax on it?
ya. badlander takes the truck new from ford, lifts it, puts wheels and tires on it, and regency re-does the interior and then ford adds 20 big ones to the price tag. And ya it had a perfect carfax.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronmcclure View Post
ya. badlander takes the truck new from ford, lifts it, puts wheels and tires on it, and regency re-does the interior and then ford adds 20 big ones to the price tag. And ya it had a perfect carfax.
Don't put too much faith in Carfax. My 07 Tahoe was rearended to the tune of 12,000 dollars in damges. I had it repaired back to factory specs and I informed the Ford dealer that relieved me of it that it had happened.

It doesn't show up on Carfax and the dealer isn't telling it in his advertising. I can got to the vehicle right now and show you the 2010 tow hitch that's very different from the 07. If the new owner buys the receiver conceal plate for an 07 it won't fit.

I don't think you got a horrible deal, I just paid 39,999.00 for my 08 XLT. with a Fabtech Lift and the pro-comp tires and wheels. It had 28,500 on it. If you don't have any cash left over after buying it you're probably hurting right now and I feel for you. Save your pennies, fix your truck up and I'm sure you'll get a better feeling about owning it.

All the "double takes" I get when I'm driving mine makes me forget about how much I paid for it. And,,, there was this guy in a good looking 2500HD that is now totally amazed at how fast a F350 all jacked up diesel really is.

Buck up... it's gonna get better, I promise.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Hang in there...
Old 03-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!

damn thats not good man, i bout my 08, 8 months ago 65k on the clock 08 f350 srw ccsb king ranch 4x4 and i paid 28k out the door for it...and "knock on wood" it has been the greatest truck i have ever owned i have 86k on it now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.