Diesel fuel prices are getting insane!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 07:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Diesel fuel prices are getting insane!!

I paid $3.85 a gallon yesterday to fill up my 6.4. The unrest in the middle east has given oil companies and even worse the oil speculators the green light to raise fuel prices to insane levels and it is just getting worse by the day. I listened to a news report this morning that indicated Libya just produces 2% of the worlds oil but the unrest in that country is now the green light to raise our fuel prices. According to the report our strategic national oil reserve would supply only 38 days of fuel for our country. The strategic oil reserves were established back in the 70s after the fuel shortages (I went through that and it was not pleasant). According to the report "THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO FUEL SHORTAGES AT ALL!!". These price increases are all based on speculations and not what is actually occurring. THERE ARE NO FUEL SHORTAGES AT THIS TIME!! We all need to contact our congressmen and raise hell!! THIS IS PRICE GOUGING PURE AND SIMPLE!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2011, 07:16 AM

how about this statistic......

there has been more money spent by americans on fuel TAXES than oil companies have made in profit.

if obama would simply let us start drilling, or even simply MENTION that we are going to start drilling for domestic oil, these prices would drop like a rock. keep in mind that this high priced oil is exactly what he wanted. so he has ZERO interest in doing anything about it. in his own words....."under my plan, energy rates would necessarily skyrocket"......get this guy out of office!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

AMEN bro!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzrider View Post
I paid $3.85 a gallon yesterday to fill up my 6.4. The unrest in the middle east has given oil companies and even worse the oil speculators the green light to raise fuel prices to insane levels and it is just getting worse by the day. I listened to a news report this morning that indicated Libya just produces 2% of the worlds oil but the unrest in that country is now the green light to raise our fuel prices. According to the report our strategic national oil reserve would supply only 38 days of fuel for our country. The strategic oil reserves were established back in the 70s after the fuel shortages (I went through that and it was not pleasant). According to the report "THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO FUEL SHORTAGES AT ALL!!". These price increases are all based on speculations and not what is actually occurring. THERE ARE NO FUEL SHORTAGES AT THIS TIME!! We all need to contact our congressmen and raise hell!! THIS IS PRICE GOUGING PURE AND SIMPLE!!
I know it seems like that. But, unfortunately, this is a product of a free market system. If the fuel industry were regulated, we would have fuel shortages because the companies would also regulate how much fuel they made.

$3.85? I wish - Tack on .20/gal. That's what we're seeing at the pumps in my area of CA.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:38 AM

Cool I'm Parking mine...

I thought I was alone in feeling this crunch! Friday night I stopped to fill up for the second time last week and it was $3.89. That Monday night it was $3.73 and the previous Friday it was $3.54 - $0.35 in a week! Friday night it cost me $102.00 to fill the tank - I left the station and made the decision that I was spending Saturday Car Shopping! I am probably going to pick up a Jeep Liberty or Ford Escape to drive back and forth to work and PARK the Flippin' Truck!

I placed a note on the homepage of my website asking for everyone to stop complaining and DO SOMETHING. I've already written several letters/emails and I'm not stopping this time. We Americans just complain, complain, complain... and KEEP BUYING IT! Why should the Oil Company Executive's NOT RAISE THE PRICE? Screw the people and they will still PAY!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I filled up yesterday and paid 3.95 a gallon in North Florida. I'm glad that I only live less than a mile from work!!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide body View Post
how about this statistic......

there has been more money spent by americans on fuel TAXES than oil companies have made in profit.

if obama would simply let us start drilling, or even simply MENTION that we are going to start drilling for domestic oil, these prices would drop like a rock. keep in mind that this high priced oil is exactly what he wanted. so he has ZERO interest in doing anything about it. in his own words....."under my plan, energy rates would necessarily skyrocket"......get this guy out of office!!!!!!
I agree with what you are saying!!!! The current increase however is not due to tax increases. The tax on fuel is ridiculous.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimd1050 View Post
I thought I was alone in feeling this crunch! Friday night I stopped to fill up for the second time last week and it was $3.89. That Monday night it was $3.73 and the previous Friday it was $3.54 - $0.35 in a week! Friday night it cost me $102.00 to fill the tank - I left the station and made the decision that I was spending Saturday Car Shopping! I am probably going to pick up a Jeep Liberty or Ford Escape to drive back and forth to work and PARK the Flippin' Truck!

I placed a note on the homepage of my website asking for everyone to stop complaining and DO SOMETHING. I've already written several letters/emails and I'm not stopping this time. We Americans just complain, complain, complain... and KEEP BUYING IT! Why should the Oil Company Executive's NOT RAISE THE PRICE? Screw the people and they will still PAY!
We need to contact our congressmen and complain. Don't know if it will do any good but it is a start.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:00 AM

from what i remember oil companies make less than 10% (in fact i believe it's less than 5% profit). is there some price gouging taking place? possibly. the prices definitely go UP much faster than they come DOWN so i'm sure they are maximizing their profits. BUT, you also have to look at supply and demand globally. OPEC is involved, along with many speculators and hedge funds. this is WAY deeper than just oil company profits. i'm a HUGE free market supporter and don't begrudge any company for making an honest profit. so don't just take out your frustrations on big oil.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzrider View Post
I agree with what you are saying!!!! The current increase however is not due to tax increases. The tax on fuel is ridiculous.
you are correct. i guess i should have made that statement a little more clear. i didn't mean to imply that the increase is from increased taxes. although there are places that are toying with that idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.