Pricing - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2007, 05:21 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pricing

What kind of deals are people getting? I'm looking to purchase a 08 f350. The invoice number on Ford's website seems high. I thought the invoice to msrp was usually 12% diffence. Now it is like 9.5.

Any thoughts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sounds about right the margin on my 08 was a few thousand less than on my 04.

Bill
Old 07-13-2007, 02:58 PM
Banned

Keep these coming. My bro is looking at 2 08's lariet cc f250 is stickered at 52k. Lifted wheels and tires sticker is 58k.

We would lift it for cost but he's scared of the warranty.

So what have you guys been paying OTD
Old 07-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

ford has revised its spread on msrp to invoice for 07', 08' . the spread on a base ranger is now $298.00 from msrp to invoice so figure out how to negotiate that deal @ 25% commision on gross payable . 75 bucks to listen to some guy cry about prices , sorry move on to next customer . I'll still sell it but not if you *****en . 4k spread from msrp on a 08' 250 crew if you get it at invoice your salesperson has no incentive from ford to help you with your purchase at invoice if you really care . 5% over invoice is more than fair on a 50k truck . remember your salesperson has alot of leverage in the service dept and can help you if needed . I currently have a customer i have given free oil and rotation cause he was awesome , and another whom is a total dip**** whom i had his warranty voided for his tuner and tires . its all about how you treat people ... this guy came in drunk at 8 am screaming cause we did not send a loaner truck to his house after he blew head gasket and ran it till it quit...
Old 07-13-2007, 08:16 PM
Banned

Is there any incentives going on right now?

My bro also looked at a LMM 2500 6in lifted truck today and they sticker was still 55k, but he hated the truck and no leather for 55k.....are you kidding me
Old 07-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Premium Member

'06 or'08

Tried to get a year end '07 KR either 250 or 350,I don't really care. Not much left out there. It looks like I'll either have to back up to an '06 or go new. Where have all the '07's gone?

OK, explain what you said in that incentive explanation. 52K-54K seems outrageous. I'm thinking maybe mid 40k's. Also, give me the drive-off price. I don't care about the top line.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchip View Post
Tried to get a year end '07 KR either 250 or 350,I don't really care. Not much left out there. It looks like I'll either have to back up to an '06 or go new. Where have all the '07's gone?

OK, explain what you said in that incentive explanation. 52K-54K seems outrageous. I'm thinking maybe mid 40k's. Also, give me the drive-off price. I don't care about the top line.
07'S were a short model run due to new emissions , thats why 08's were on the lot so early .
example :
Price Information MSRP
STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $37,305

Key Standard Equipment
PREMIUM AM/FM CD/CLK

Optional Equipment
2008 MODEL YEAR
OXFORD WHITE CLEARCOAT
PUEBLO GOLD CC ACCENT
CAMEL LEATHER
PREFERRED EQUIPMENT PKG.608A
.LARIAT TRIM
.LEATHER STRG WHL W/REDUNDANT
.PASSENGER AIRBAG RESTRAINT
.ADVANCED SECURITY GROUP
6.4L V-8 DIESEL 6,895
TORQSHIFT(TM) 5-SPD AUTO TRANS 1,490
LT275/65R20E OWL ALL-TERRAIN 1,375
3.73 RATIO LIMITED SLIP AXLE 300
JOB #1 BUILD IDENTIFIER
ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS 25
4X4 OFF-ROAD PACKAGE 225
.SKID PLATES
CHROME TUBULAR CAB STEPS 5 195
10000# GVWR PACKAGE
ELECTRONIC SHIFT ON THE FLY 185
SIRIUS SAT RADIO W/6MOS SVC 200
PTC SUPPLEMENTAL HEATER 250
ENGINE BLOCK HEATER 35
50 STATE EMISSIONS
POWER SLIDE MOONROOF 995
POWER SLIDING REAR WINDOW 185
SPARE TIRE AND WHEEL
POWERSCOPE TRAILER TOW MIRROR
6 CD AUDIOPHILE RADIO SYSTEM 555
MEMORY GROUP 225
TRACTION CONTROL 130
JACK
ADJUSTABLE GAS/BRAKE PEDAL 120
PREM FORGED POLISHED ALUM-20"
UPFITTER SWITCHES 85
EXTRA HEAVY DUTY ALTERNATOR 75
REVERSE VEHICLE AID SENSOR 245
STOWABLE BED EXTENDER 250
UNIVERSAL GARAGE DOOR OPENER 125
TAILGATE STEP 375

TOTAL MSRP $54,060

Disclaimer: Option pricing will be blank for any item that is priced as 0 or "No Charge".

this truck has a invoice of $49143

you get 1000 rebate plus 1000 owner loyalty currently if you own a 96 up superduty and can produce a registration from it in your name . and may be eligable for another 3-500 if you own a business and go commercial . so 5k markup or 10% for the dealer if he sells it at full sticker . every day it sits on his lot costs him interest for the truck as they usually finance their floorplan . invoice plus 500 is more than fair
Old 07-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Invoice is the number to find for your exact configuration and then you know what they are making on the deal. Where you are will determine delivery charges. Then taxes are added. One thing I ran into was a school tax that the dealer could not charge and I had to pay it at the DMV. They did include the state and county and city taxes in the deal.

I managed to get the $1000 plus extra $1000 for loyalty by mistake as I did not have a super duty before.

The other incentive if your not paying cash is the financing. Ford Credit is running some pretty good financing incentives now, that vary with number of payments.

How much you pay over invoice varies. Day of the month, how long the vehicle has sit on the lot, time of day, etc. all make a difference.

I went to the same dealer last week and bought a car and the same salesman made the deal. He said they only made $12 on the car.(amount over invoice). I'm not sure if that's true or not but he seemed to be straight up about it. Repeat business was a major factor. Also sales people may be going for bonuses for number of cars sold and can let some go for nothing.

If your a repeat costumer or simply someone the salesman likes you may get one for invoice if they are just moving a lot of vehicles.

Last edited by DavidPhillips; 07-15-2007 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Premium Member

Thanks, that clears that up. Now, what are these things?

608A
Job #1 bld. ID
Elect. Shift on the Fly( is manual lockouts an alternative? I'd like that)
PTC Supp. Heater ( I live in middle Texas)
Memory Group 225
I also think that a spare should be part of it. At least they don't list the rear bumper as an extra any more.

I see some of these things or something similar. Just Curious
Old 07-15-2007, 07:31 PM

How did they get the 1000 loyalty thru if you never owned one before. I have owed two super duty's and switched to a chevy and now going back. They won't give me the loyalty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.