6.4 question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 08:22 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4 question

hello guys i am new here ...this is my second diesel i had a 7.3 first and loved it !! and 2 years back picked up a 08 f250 4x4 super duty with 2k miles on it and LOVE it my question is i am at about 89k miles now and fuel mileage isnt to bad avg around 14-15 on the hwy with 3.73 gears ...i want to do a tuner and dpf/egr delete and maybe a cold air if its needed ..i have been using the SCT stuff to tune my Lightning for years but un sure about their diesel stuff i have been reading ALOT about this Spartan stuff ....i work the truck and dont plan on Racing it just want more power and better fuel mileage .....i pull a tailor with my other truck to the track too . any help would be appreciated guys thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

minimax. just put 1 in along w/ 4in back pipes, and WOW. power is great and milage went up bout 60%.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

IMO....I would look at H&S or SCT. H&S is very nice since you can adjust tunes on the fly. So, when pulling, pick a less aggressive tune...when playing, dial it up and enjoy the benefits.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:25 PM

Spartan is the only way to go.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jato1229 View Post
minimax. just put 1 in along w/ 4in back pipes, and WOW. power is great and milage went up bout 60%.
Whats your MPG looking like? Im thinking about getting this set up. What tune do you run? and does it produce any smoke? thanks
Old 01-30-2011, 07:14 AM

thanks for the ideas guys.....i really like all the stuff the Spartan tuner does and i have always had good luck with SCT stuff on my Lightning ....i am really just looking for opinions on what you guys are running i also have 35/12.50/20 MT tires on it .....i am just want the best bang for the buck ....and not sure if the Spartan will be over kill for what i want .....just good power driving and pulling and better MPG ....dont plan on drag racing it i will save that for the other truck
Old 01-30-2011, 08:20 AM

In order to achieve the better fuel economy many do, you will definitely need to select a tuner that allows the deletion of your DPF.

Good hunting.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:19 PM

Think I have narrowed it down and am gonna go with the SCT X3 and do the dpf delete pipe should I do a CAI with this ? I am just thinking this Spartan set up is way more than I need and kinda overkill for my use ...
Old 02-03-2011, 06:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

MiniMaxx with DPF delete and 4-inch SS exhaust. Monitor is awesome and dial on the fly is beyond comparison. Have not seen much improvement re; mpg...but I am pulling sometimes upwards of 27K lbs of product, 4300lb trailer and the 8400lb truck w/ 4:88's

dpf
Old 02-03-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvillelightning View Post
Think I have narrowed it down and am gonna go with the SCT X3 and do the dpf delete pipe should I do a CAI with this ? I am just thinking this Spartan set up is way more than I need and kinda overkill for my use ...
The SCT isn't a horrible way to go, because in addition to the canned tunes, there are several companies that write tunes for the SCT devices. If I were you, I'd step it up a little and get the Livewire, or an even better way would be the X3 with an Edge Insight for monitoring. I know you probably don't want a race truck(given you already have the lightning) but most people find that the higher tunes give them the best mileage gains. And with those larger tunes most guys tend to want to monitor stuff.... Just if you do go with the X3 check to be sure that the custom tuning companies(Innovative, KEM, etc...) offer tunes for the X3, I haven't seen too many people with those yet. I've got the Livewire and I can tell you the single Innovative tune that I have is way more refined and crisp than the SCT canned tunes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.