What to look for in 08 F250 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 06:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What to look for in 08 F250

Hello,

First time post on this forum. I am considering buying an 08 F250, 6.4l powerstroke diesel, 4X4 FX4 crewcab. The truck has 60,551 miles on it, and the dealer is asking $29,800. The pictures sure make it look like a very nice truck, but I am just wondering why the price is so low.

Any suggestions on what I should look for or be aware of.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2011, 06:24 AM
Premium Member

Ask what the build date is. If you're gonna buy one do your best to stay away from Job 1 trucks, they seem to be the most prone to problems. Also, you should be able to get it cheaper than that. When I bought my 08 it was the December of 09, it had 14,000 miles and I only paid $32,000 and that was from a dealer. With the new ones out and that one going on 3 years old you may be able to swing a better deal.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I dont know the build date on the truck. I will be test driving it on Thursday, and will check at that time. I will also ask for an Oasis report to get a feel for the service history of the truck.

Thanks for the input!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:39 PM

That sounds like a good price if its fully loaded, They are good trucks, but it's important to stay current w/ oil and fuel filter changes and making sure to use the Ford fuel additives.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjaekl View Post
I dont know the build date on the truck. I will be test driving it on Thursday, and will check at that time. I will also ask for an Oasis report to get a feel for the service history of the truck.

Thanks for the input!
Build date should be on the door sticker, driver side. Or the dealer should be able to look it up with the vin#.

The most major problem with the job1 vehicles had to do wit ha batch of injectors. Some of these trucks, not all, had issues where the injector would continue to flow and cause a meltdown on that cylinder in extreme cases if memory serves. Again, not all job1's were suspect, but there is a about a months worth that are.

The majority of other problems had to do with TSB's. TSB's range from different air dam, radiator repairs due to splitting, a venturri T installation, etc.. Most of the problems get fixed whenever someone brings the vehicle in for service. So have the dealer run a check and see if all TSB's have also been addressed.

You can find a list of recalls and TSB here.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I would look up the Vehicle History Report first to see what kind of History it has and then go from there.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smotrs View Post
Build date should be on the door sticker, driver side. Or the dealer should be able to look it up with the vin#.

The most major problem with the job1 vehicles had to do wit ha batch of injectors. Some of these trucks, not all, had issues where the injector would continue to flow and cause a meltdown on that cylinder in extreme cases if memory serves. Again, not all job1's were suspect, but there is a about a months worth that are.

The majority of other problems had to do with TSB's. TSB's range from different air dam, radiator repairs due to splitting, a venturri T installation, etc.. Most of the problems get fixed whenever someone brings the vehicle in for service. So have the dealer run a check and see if all TSB's have also been addressed.

You can find a list of recalls and TSB here.
What smotrs said. Personal experience. Look at my trucks in my sig below. The "*****in" on the 08' has to do with melted pistons and a denied warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.