NEW TIRES - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
NEW TIRES

HI GUYS NEED SOME HELP. I AM LOOKING AT GETTING SOME NEW TIRES FOR MY TRUCK. RIGHT NOW I HAVE COOPER DISCOVERER STT 325/60/18 AND I DONT LIKE THEM THEY ARE VERY LOUD AND IF YOU ARE ON SNOWPACK OR ICE THEY SUCK. I AM LOOKING FOR A 35X12.50X18. I LIVE IN WISCONSIN SO I WOULD LIKE A TIRE THAT DOES SOMEWHAT BETTER IN SNOWPACK AND ICE. I ALSO DO ALOT OF HUNTING SO IT WILL NEED TO BE A GOOD OFFROAD TIRE. AND I ALSO HAUL MY PULLING TRACTOR ALOT IN THE SUMMER. CAN YOU GUYS HELP ME? I LIKE THE TOYO M/T, BFG A/T, HANKOOK A/T, NITTO A/T AND NITTO M/T. I AM UP FOR WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE TO SAY.

Last edited by powerstroke_god; 01-20-2011 at 05:21 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First off please take the caps lock off lol hurts my eyes. Anyways, BFG A/T's are good, Toyo open country or m/t's also good, Nitto's suck to me
Old 01-19-2011, 05:25 PM
Premium Member

Sorry about that. I hear some guys say that BFG A/T clog alot and are not good in the snow because of that. Anything one else have an opinion?
Old 01-19-2011, 05:37 PM

We don't get quite as much snow here as you do but all of my friends who run plow trucks have bfg at's on their trucks. They are not a good mud tire if you are going to play in deep mud. Lots of people say the toyo mt is the way to go if you can handle the price tag. I have bfg's on my truck i like them but have had to get pulled out of the farm field when they packed up with clay. I cannot afford the tire life of a mud tire do too much road driving.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have BFG AT's and I thought they would suck in the snow and have been pleasantly surprised. They've done great so far, and you can't beat the mileage you get out of them. I have 37k on mine and I'd say they are at about 40%.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:53 PM

Yokohama Tires ? Geolandar A/T-S All Terrain On & Off Road

My dad had these on his truck. They lasted a very long time for how much torque these trucks have. We live in Montana and pull trailers w/ horses and mules way back into the mountains and have never had a single problem with these tires. They are siped and they have been the best tires I've have ever had on the ice and snow.

I'm currently running the same tires as you but the Discovery ST. They really do suck on the snow and ice, I will probably be getting the tires about next year but we'll see
Old 01-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Another tire to look at is the Goodyear Duratracs. I think this is going to be my next tire because their 325/60/20 is about $50 cheaper per tire than the BFG.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Premium Member

The only problem with the Yokohama tire is that they dont have the size I want. Who out there has the Toyo M/T? What kind of wear can you get out of them and how loud are they on the road?
Old 01-19-2011, 06:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
hancook dyna pros get my vote. I have been reading alot of reviews on these tires. Pretty cheap and are getting great mileage. They are great in the snow, and dont pack up like the BFG's. They come in a wide range of sizes that should fit everyones needs. Im going to put a set of the 305's on my truck when I wear my current tires out. BFG's and nittos SUCK!!!! The yokohama geolanders are great tires as well. I had them on my last truck and they were wearing great. I sold the truck before I wore them out so I cant comment on total mileage out of the set, but they were wearing far better than I thought they would when I sold the truck. The bridgestone revos gen 1 were also a great tire in the snow and ice. I cant comment on the revo 2 though. I know the price came down alot on them, did the quality though?
Old 01-20-2011, 05:20 AM
Premium Member

If I put weight in the back of my truck will the Cooper STT handle better in the snowpack and ice? If i am in 4X4 the tires are great. I just dont know if I want to go to a A/T tire cause I dont want to get stuck when i go out to the woods hunting in late December.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.