Banks Programmer for 2010 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 04:33 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Banks Programmer for 2010

I have read several forums and the common ground is that the spartan tuner/DPf delete is the way to go. This will be done when i reach 36k until then I was wondering if anyone knows if the banks programmer will do anything if I installed it. Any mileage gains, power gains, is it undectable to ford like the spartan? Any help would be appreciated so I don't possibly waste my money. Just want something simple until then. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

From the research I have done and read the Banks is detectable. IMO I would not get the Banks unless you were going to delete the DPF and if you are going to delete the DPF then I would go with the spartan. Good luck to you hope this helps. Again just my 2 cents.

Ed
Old 01-18-2011, 07:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mileage will be better then stock, I get 13-14 driving in So. Calif. City/Hwy use. I avg around 18-19 if it's just Hwy station to station and 10-11 when it's just City driving.

Power is definitely noticeable, not as high as the DPF off tunes but that's not the market that Banks was going after.

The Banks unit plugs in AFTER the PCM so nothing is actually written or flashed to it. It intercepts the commands from the PCM and sends new commands to the drivetrain. It maintains all of Fords safety precautions and will turn itself off if it detects an abnormality somewhere. The unit is completely plug and play and can be transferred to another truck without any problems if you wish to sell it. Plus the iQ display is big and easy to use no matter what speed and the Speed Brake makes downhill trips with a 12K plus load very easy to manage.

Lastly, no tuner is completely undetectable, a tech doesn't have to rely on just the PCM to see if a vehicle has been tuned.

If your worried about emissions or are just looking for a bit more power and mileage then I would go with the Banks. If emissions aren't a problem and you want maximum power, then look at the H&S or Spartan tuners.

Last edited by smotrs; 01-18-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:08 PM

Mileage will improve some as long as you dont hot rod it too much. As far as the dealership being able to detect it, thats a tough one. I dont think most dealerships care, but if they want to dig deep enough, they can probably find anything they want to.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTRBD View Post
Mileage will improve some as long as you dont hot rod it too much. As far as the dealership being able to detect it, thats a tough one. I dont think most dealerships care, but if they want to dig deep enough, they can probably find anything they want to.
Exactly.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:45 PM

Thanks for all the info it is very appreciated. Would you go with the banks or another brand. I do not want to install any screen on the dash just something that plugs in to the port on the truck. Thanks again to all that replied.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:48 PM

If you just want a programmer without a monitor, I would go with an H&S XRT Pro.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:45 PM

I have the banks 6 gun and what smotrs said is what I am seeing. I have the banks ram air and the magnaflow pro 4" exhaust. Since the Banks is a piggy back setup it would be the hardest to detect of the tuners as there was no flashing of the pcm affecting hidden run timers. The pcms have run timers which are reset with a flash and mtaching timers that do not reset with a flash. So if you bring in a dead diesel and the resettable one is at 0 and the other is at 15,960 miles well you phucked...

The truck has a lot of power and runs well and according to the lim i get upto 22-23mpg straight highway until regen kicks in. Lim averages around 15mpg.

I am getting sick of the regens at 15960 miles.

When I get the money I'm prolly gonna sell the 6 gun and get a non dpf tune. I am researching which tuner I want now. I have used SCT in the past and really licked it. I have heard River City has the best tunes.

I have a one piece dpf/cat delete pipe already in the garage. I picked up the exhaust and delete pipe off a memeber here for $100 bill! Was super excited about that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.