I need Help please. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 07:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I need Help please.

I cannot figure this frickin thing out. Ok, here is what is going on. Thought my batteries were shot in the ol 08. they were the stockers which makes sense right??? Well just recently i installed a new stereo also, this comes into play later. Anyway so i got some new batteries installed them and the truck started right up fine, well it isnt my DD so it sits for a few days at a time well the batteries had only been installed for less then a week, i hadn't started the truck for 2 days, i go out to start it and of course!!! Batteries dead.

Luckily they weren't dead enough to be gone and my car jumped the truck. Point of the story... does anyone know what the hell could be going on?? I make sure everything is shut off in the truck everytime i shut it off, but something is drawing power somewhere and i can't figure out if it is the stereo i put in that is doing it, but i mean i completely shut the stereo off when i shut the truck off. Anyone have any ideas? this is driving my insane and i can't have the truck dying every 2 days.

Thanks
CW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2011, 07:13 AM

Go back to where the radio was installed, Cause your sound system is drawing power from the batteries.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:25 AM

Well how would i fix that? haha
Old 01-17-2011, 07:31 AM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDUBYA View Post
Well how would i fix that? haha
Did you install an amp as well?
Old 01-17-2011, 07:39 AM

No i just put a new headunit in and it was completely plug and play, all i did was plug the factory harness into the back of the deck and everything worked perfectly. but i mean thats the only thing that can be pulling power, but how could it pull power if i actually shut the power to the stereo off when i shut the truck down, i guess i am confused as to what exactly the power is being pulled to.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:43 AM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDUBYA View Post
No i just put a new headunit in and it was completely plug and play, all i did was plug the factory harness into the back of the deck and everything worked perfectly. but i mean thats the only thing that can be pulling power, but how could it pull power if i actually shut the power to the stereo off when i shut the truck down, i guess i am confused as to what exactly the power is being pulled to.
It could be something else that has went bad and drawing extra current. I would remove the aftermarket unit and reinstall the factory unit and see if the problem goes away. If it is still there then there is another issue and if it's gone you know where to look.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:46 AM

Yeah thats what i was gonna do next, i just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas as to what it could be. But thats most likely it somehow. Thanks for your input, i appreciate anyones help!
Old 01-17-2011, 02:42 PM

Okay well i pulled the dash apart and checked all my voltages and power draws wires in my stereo,..... nothing is pulling power with the truck off? I am going to lose my mind i think. it is driving me crazy. i am just gonna take the stereo out and put the stock one back in and try that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.