Hot Damn tune - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hot Damn tune

I was looking at the H&S website. Whats everyone downloading for the hot damn tune? And is everyone running this tune using stock transmissions? Or am i better staying with the hot setting. All I did so far was the dpf/doc delete and the minimax. No aftermarket filter and im still using the stock exhaust

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You can run the Hot Damn. Most here are... I would go ahead and pick up an S&B intake...$279, pretty cheap investment.

I've got S&B, Hot Damn (Mini Maxx), and doc/dpf delete. That's it as far as performance.

Do you love it or what?

I would go ahead and set your defuel parameters to something more conservative than what are on the H&S Tuner from the factory. I've got boost limited at 40psi for example.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:51 AM

I just installed my minimax with the S&B intake and the full FloPro 5 inch exhaust. Stock transmission. I have the hot damn tune with the firm 45mph converter lock up transmission tune. Running the "mild" setting on it as daily and drives perfectly fine. Ive switched up to the "wild" and "hot" settings and moves like a bat out of hell. I dont think they'll be any problem of running it with just the "mild" for a daily and once in a while hit it with the higher settings when you feel like having fun. Just dont abuse it. My .02 cents
Old 01-16-2011, 07:17 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
All i run is the hot damn tune unless i tow something then i bump it down to a lower tune thats with a 5" flo pro and afe intake stock tranny 45mph lockup race shift! I would recommend a intake and exhaust with even the hot tune do you still have the dpf on if so you will clog it up running large tunes?
Chris
Old 01-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Definitely spend the $ for the new exhaust. As one post claims, you will have prob with the DPF clogging. Have FUN!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I downloaded the hot damn tunes with my TC lockup at 55. I don't like it locking up there so i'll probably go back to 50 or try the 45 mph lockup. I mostly run on the wild tune. I don't plan on doing any other performance mods except maybe traction bars.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:45 PM

Tx Tech11 Heck yes I love it. Its like you have a whole different truck with the tuner!
Stroke 4 fun, Yep got the DOC/DPF Delete kit on. Just no aftermarket filter yet. About the defueling goes, what else do you guys set for the perameters? Thanks for the comments so far!
Old 01-16-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.4_twins View Post
I downloaded the hot damn tunes with my TC lockup at 55. I don't like it locking up there so i'll probably go back to 50 or try the 45 mph lockup. I mostly run on the wild tune. I don't plan on doing any other performance mods except maybe traction bars.
sorry to derail a little,
What do you think you're going to go with as far as traction bars? I have been looking a little, seems prices vary pretty substantially form weld on and bolt on.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEEEJ View Post
sorry to derail a little,
What do you think you're going to go with as far as traction bars? I have been looking a little, seems prices vary pretty substantially form weld on and bolt on.
I also looked at traction bars! WOW!!! I thought I was finished with the suspension parts with my truck. My wife is going to sh#@ when I tell her how much I spent on those, and for what. She's going to ask me and " WHAT THE HELL IS AXLE WRAP"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.