Need opinions on 6" lift - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 08:59 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Need opinions on 6" lift

I know a lot of you have varying size lifts and I wanted to snag a bit of knowledge from you if I could.

I have an 08 F250 FX4 that currently sits on 35's with a 2.5" Icon Leveling Kit. I want to move up to a 6" lift and 37" tires. What lift kits do you all recommend? I am looking for ease of installation and overall good value and quality. I know you get what you pay for so give me your honest opinions but dont break the bank if you can help it!

A friend and I will do the install and have it aligned after at my buddies shop. The truck right now only has 36k on it. I also would prefer to not have to jack with putting in shims etc.. in the rear to get it to sit level.

Thanks in advance for your opinions and for taking time to read this.

Feel free to recommend a sponsoring vendor if you have had a good experience!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have a 6" BDS lift on mine and have not had any problems with it. I did change out the rear blocks to a 7" PMF traction block since BDS "stacks" a 5" block on top of the factory block. Prices start at about $1500 for a basic kit before any upgrades. I am sure some of the vendors will be able to get you a good price. I had my lift installed so I can not comment on the ease of installation.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:22 PM

Thanks Nathan! I have had BDS in the past on a truck or two, good lift.
Your truck is slick man! I guess I will have to start washing mine by hand after I lift it, the nice thing now is it barely fits in some car washes!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:49 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thanks man! I have been spoiled having my trucks detailed in the past. Now I do it all by hand since it will not fit in the car wash.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have the 6in fabtech, looked real hard at BDS but I have had fab tech on all my fords and not one problem, so i decided to stick with what works.

I want to say i paid around 1800 fro mine but im not sure, its been about 3 yrs. as for the install i had mine done as well so i can not comment.

Good luck
Old 01-12-2011, 06:53 AM

I went with a Skyjacker w/ Nitro shocks. Drives and rides better than factory. Can't remember the exact price of the lift but it didn't break the bank.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:07 AM

mSTR-P has the skyjacker held up well, no rear sag etc??
Old 01-12-2011, 03:56 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Pure Performance 4 link kit 4" will clear 37"..so 4-6" is available..with or without rear Deaver mini spring kits..PM me if I can get additional info or pricing.

Cary
Old 01-12-2011, 08:33 PM

i have the tuff country EZ-ride, i love it. looks/preforms great but best of all i get complements about how well it rides all the time.
my parents have a leveling kit 2.5 on their 7.3L and i cant stand driving it, i feel like i have whip lash from pulling out the drive way, so after that i REALLY appreciated the tuff country.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:41 PM

Thanks for all of the feedback thus far guys. I usually go with the "you get what you pay for" method because typically the kits that cost more are better, but I am trying to expand my horizons on this one. I want a nice lift with zero sag in the rear, I cant stand the pre-runner look on a diesel that is driven on the street... want it nice and level.
As soft of a ride as possible would be nice also. I have the 2.5 inch Icon leveling kit on right now and its anything but soft. I know a lot of that has to do with 20" wheels on 35" MT's, but it would be nice to find a lift that improves ride quality and gets me sitting where I want to be!

Keep the suggestions coming, any pics you have are greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.