Just turned 30k miles... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just turned 30k miles...

I figure there isn't enough threads about how great these trucks are so here is one. I got my truck in June of 2010 and my truck just turned 30k miles problem free. It has been a great truck. When I had it bone stock for 5k miles I got an avg of 16 mpg per fill up. Now with the mods I have in my sig I'm getting a little over 20mpg per fill up. Plus the power this truck makes is insane. I use Rotella 15W-40 and change it every 3k miles or so with motorcraft oil filter, and change the fuel filter every 10k miles with motorcraft filters. I think if anyone is looking at a 6.4L they should get it. I know the early 6.4L might have issues but if you are looking at a job 2 or 3 truck I wouldn't hesitate of buying it. And if you have a pretty good relationship with a dealership then I would go ahead and do some mods to the truck. You won't regret it. You get the best of both worlds more power and better mpg. So I want to thank Ford and International of building a great truck. I'm really looking forward for the next 30k miles and many many many more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thats good to hear. All I ever read about is problem after problem. Its nice to hear a good story.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:48 PM

Got mine in Feb. Pushing 20k trouble free miles (Only problem was a leaky valve stem). Using the same oil, and filters. Getting ready to do my second fuel filter change.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to Dim Sum
I've got 11k on mine. Everything is so far so good. Tuned since about 7k.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:44 PM

Great to hear. Good to know there are some good running 6.4s out there.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac97psd View Post
I figure there isn't enough threads about how great these trucks are so here is one. I got my truck in June of 2010 and my truck just turned 30k miles problem free. It has been a great truck. When I had it bone stock for 5k miles I got an avg of 16 mpg per fill up. Now with the mods I have in my sig I'm getting a little over 20mpg per fill up. Plus the power this truck makes is insane. I use Rotella 15W-40 and change it every 3k miles or so with motorcraft oil filter, and change the fuel filter every 10k miles with motorcraft filters. I think if anyone is looking at a 6.4L they should get it. I know the early 6.4L might have issues but if you are looking at a job 2 or 3 truck I wouldn't hesitate of buying it. And if you have a pretty good relationship with a dealership then I would go ahead and do some mods to the truck. You won't regret it. You get the best of both worlds more power and better mpg. So I want to thank Ford and International of building a great truck. I'm really looking forward for the next 30k miles and many many many more.
My story is almost exactly the same, but I bought the truck with 44K on it, now have 69K. I use Motorcraft DMO, Motorcraft filters, (oil & fuel), and change them on the same schedule as you do. This truck is awesome!!! I too was worried about all of the negative talk, but in "Typical Ford Fashion" this truck does everything that I ask of it, and more. Hell I even pulled a tandem axle gravel truck out of the mud, and my 350 did not even break a sweat! Just wish I had someone there to take a pic. My next one will be the "Scorpion" though, I test drove one and it will definately do when this one get's replaced. (though that will be a long time)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.