01-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Covina, Ca.
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
For the owners manuals, go to the following location,
Click on Owner Guides
to the left and follow the on screen instructions to download the manuals you need/want.
As for programming, here's the instructions from the manual.
- Position the end of your hand-held transmitter 1–3 inches (2–8 cm) away from the HomeLink button you wish to program (located on your visor) while keeping the indicator light in view.
- Simultaneously press and hold both the chosen HomeLink and hand-held transmitter buttons until the HomeLink indicator light changes from a slow to a rapidly blinking light. Now you may release both the HomeLink and hand-held transmitter buttons.
If your garage door doesn't open, continue with the below instructions.
Note: Some entry gates and garage door openers may require you to replace Step 2 with procedures noted in the Gate Operator and Canadian Programming in this section for Canadian residents.
- Firmly press, hold for five seconds and release the programmed HomeLink button up to two separate times to activate the door. If the door does not activate, press and hold the just-trained HomeLink button and observe the indicator light.
- If the indicator light stays on constantly, programming is complete and your device should activate when the HomeLink button is pressed and released.
- If the indicator light blinks rapidly for two seconds and then turns to a constant light continue with “Programming” Steps 4 through 6 to complete programming of a rolling code equipped device (most commonly a garage door opener).
- At the garage door opener receiver (motor-head unit) in the garage, locate the “learn” or “smart” button (usually near where the hanging antenna wire is attached to the unit).
- Firmly press and release the “learn” or “smart” button. (The name and color of the button may vary by manufacturer.)
Note: There are 30 seconds in which to initiate Step 6.
- Return to the vehicle and firmly press, hold for two seconds and release the programmed HomeLink button. Repeat the press/hold/release sequence again and, depending on the brand of the garage door opener (or other rolling code equipped device), repeat this sequence a third time to complete the programming. HomeLink should now activate your rolling code equipped device. To program additional HomeLink buttons begin with Step 1 in this section. For questions or comments, please contact HomeLink at HomeLink or 1–800–355–3515.