Whos your Insurance Company (08 450)? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 02:40 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Whos your Insurance Company (08 450)?

Allstate is GOUGING me $3600 yr in California with Liability, Comp/Colision/ and Theft, on my newly purchased (used) 08 F-450 4x4. They are saying they don't write for overweight vehicles and made me pull a commercial policy. I own my own company so that was easy, but I was told if I hadn't, I would have had to start one. They are saying if I even hook up my own jet ski trailer, or any other, I have to get special Ryders, have them weighed and inspected, and my wife is not allowed to drive the truck as she is not an employee of my company (she would have to be insured/work comp-ed and w2'd to drive the truck) I have ALL of my other vehicles, house, etc insured with them, have a commercial Lic with every US/International rating available, and they are still killing me. So I was just wondering who you all were insured with and what you are paying (especially the 450 guys) if you don't mind saying your rates, as I got to find an alternative to this debockle. I pulled a policy to get it on the road, but just wrote my first 260 check for 1 month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Must be a California thing. I was looking at an 450 and before buying called my insurance company (USAA) and they also said they didn't write vehicles that heavy but they passed me off to one of their underwriters. Got the qoute (commerical polcy), but I didn't need to own a business or have a CDL(nor did my wife). I chose to go with an F-350 DRW with tow boss option instead of the 450 mainly due to the higher insurance rate / loan APR that came with the 450 (loan APR was 2% higher for the 450 thru the same bank).
Old 01-05-2011, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaeditor View Post
Allstate is GOUGING me $3600 yr in California with Liability, Comp/Colision/ and Theft, on my newly purchased (used) 08 F-450 4x4. They are saying they don't write for overweight vehicles and made me pull a commercial policy. I own my own company so that was easy, but I was told if I hadn't, I would have had to start one. They are saying if I even hook up my own jet ski trailer, or any other, I have to get special Ryders, have them weighed and inspected, and my wife is not allowed to drive the truck as she is not an employee of my company (she would have to be insured/work comp-ed and w2'd to drive the truck) I have ALL of my other vehicles, house, etc insured with them, have a commercial Lic with every US/International rating available, and they are still killing me. So I was just wondering who you all were insured with and what you are paying (especially the 450 guys) if you don't mind saying your rates, as I got to find an alternative to this debockle. I pulled a policy to get it on the road, but just wrote my first 260 check for 1 month.
State Farm $1170 a year full coverage. Never asked any questions about weight. Florida.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:12 AM

Statefarm $120 per month for my 2008 and the 24" wheels and tires are also covered.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:18 AM

State Farm. Everything is through them.
I think the F450 is like 65 a month, give or take some.
Never asked about the weight or anything.
My brother had a 450 also that was through State Farm, so I know it was not a fluke.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbsimmons View Post
State Farm. Everything is through them.
I think the F450 is like 65 a month, give or take some.
Never asked about the weight or anything.
My brother had a 450 also that was through State Farm, so I know it was not a fluke.
Same for me. 08 F450. State Farm about 65 a month. Never asked any questions about weights. My agent told me I was paying about $10 more a month than for an F350...which I didn't think was bad.

My loan rate was about 1.5 to 2% higher for me, joe the consumer, buying a "commercial" truck...even tho it had more options and buttons and was a better price than the same f350 I was looking at...tho the F350 may have been the better buy as the fuel economy on the F450 is making it very expensive to drive.

mac 'still a truck that will pull your house' gyvr
Old 01-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i agree state farm is a great company. i have a local smaller company at the moment but no big deal.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

USAA all the way! Other companies never come close to matching their prices. Outstanding customer services and you get a divedend check at the end of the year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.