Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

installing block heater plug question

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Crpssfire 
#1 ·
Ok I feel like a knucklehead for asking but I just sat out fiddling with my block heater plug for 30 minutes. Do you have to have abnormally small hands or what?? The space on my 08 to get it up in there is so tight I had to take a break in trying... any tips or tricks on attacking this thing? I am just on a creeper below the truck.

Thanks

#10 ·
I got mine from the local International dealer. They had them handing on a rack right there behind the counter. $17 plus tax and I installed it in their parking lot. Darn thing works excellent. It was -5 and the glow plug light stayed on for about 2 seconds and then it fired right up.

#13 ·
how long does everyone leave theirs plugged in for?

#14 ·
I leave mine plugged in from when I get home at night till I leave in the morning. It's not necessary but that way I never forget to plug my truck in. I could invest in a timer but really hasn't effected me on my electric bill

#17 ·
Well lucky me! I decided to get under the truck just for $hit and grins to see if I had the cord already in place and there it was! It's a surprise to me living in Texas that I would have one with it. I was under the impression that it was an option only for the colder states. Must of been a Friday afternoon at the plant with thoughts of beer on the mind and someone didn't read the order form correctly!:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.