NEED NEW TIRES - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 05:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NEED NEW TIRES

I am looking for new tires to fit my stock 275/65r20 's . Want something that will last at least 50k , are quiet and good all around, snow , mud and highway. What do you guys reccomend that you have used? oh yeah and load E to handle weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colfaxent View Post
I am looking for new tires to fit my stock 275/65r20 's . Want something that will last at least 50k , are quiet and good all around, snow , mud and highway. What do you guys reccomend that you have used? oh yeah and load E to handle weight.
I buy my tires from VULCAN TIRE, they will sell you most name brand
Old 12-28-2010, 08:56 AM

I installed the that Micheline LTX At2 on my 08 and like them. That said, many of the 6.7 owners are experiencing fast tire wear on the new trucks. I really doubt that any E rated tire is going to give you a quiet ride, be great in snow and last 50k miles. Just too much to ask from a tire on these trucks IMO. If I was in real snow country i'd buy a set of winter wheels/tires for good snow perfromance. I like the Michelins better that the OEM GY's but they squirm more when trailering. If you find a better solution, let us know.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:30 PM

If you want something good in the snow and mud check out the wrangler Dura trac. I have them and I have about 38k miles on them and I have a little under half life left. They work great.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac97psd View Post
If you want something good in the snow and mud check out the wrangler Dura trac. I have them and I have about 38k miles on them and I have a little under half life left. They work great.
Thanks , I have been looking at them also, definitely have a great tread design for snow and some mud how are they for noise. I know they must make some but i dont want to hear them howl. Truck came with goodyear wrangler ATS but they have about 30 k and are almost shot wore nice and even with no cupping but but once tire gets about 1/2 worn it has no sipping left and it is a total different tire , have to use 4x4 alot. But they were great for towing and hauling my camper. If you dont mind , where did you get them and how much? JIM
Old 12-28-2010, 04:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to PSDfreak
I'm planning on a set of Goodyear Dura Tracs for my new tires. I have been reading really good things about them....quiet, good wear, excellent snow traction etc...
Old 12-28-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Thanks , I have been looking at them also, definitely have a great tread design for snow and some mud how are they for noise. I know they must make some but i dont want to hear them howl. Truck came with goodyear wrangler ATS but they have about 30 k and are almost shot wore nice and even with no cupping but but once tire gets about 1/2 worn it has no sipping left and it is a total different tire , have to use 4x4 alot. But they were great for towing and hauling my camper. If you dont mind , where did you get them and how much? JIM
Really I haven't notice any road noise out of them. But then again I usually have my music going plus my exhaust with the down pipe added I have notice a deep tone in my exhaust note. So I can't really hear anything outside.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:17 PM

Anybody else have some reccomendations for a good 275/65r20 ? Any one usw the Toyo Open country AT or the Nitto Terrain Grapplers, How do they wear?
Old 12-29-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Anybody else have some reccomendations for a good 275/65r20 ? Any one usw the Toyo Open country AT or the Nitto Terrain Grapplers, How do they wear?
Neither one of those are good snow tires.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:58 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I put a set of 35/12.50R20 Toyo M/T's on my truck about 4k miles ago. I can't tell you how happy I have been with them so far. They have EXCELLENT traction in wet grass, muddy conditions, and in the snow we have had thus far this year! Don't know what treadwear will be yet, but have heard good reviews on them. PLUS...they look GREAT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.