2008 F-250 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2008 F-250

Guys I need some help making a decision. I just sold my 97 F250 7.3 CC 4x4 and I still have my 06 Megacab Cummins. But I am trying to sale it also to buy my friends 08 F250 Lariat with 16k miles on it for 30,000. I think it's a good deal but I just don't want to keep it in the shop. I went through the 6.0 world and it about drove me crazy. Any input is appreciated thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Premium Member

Well you still are inside the everything warrenty 36,000 60000miles for the drive train and trans and 100,000 miles for the engine. The radiators seem to be the biggest problem. If you like it you should get it. As for the price that is something you got to do the reasurce on.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Keep the Cummins!!!! hahaha....
I have had my 08 for about 3 months and its been great( last truck I had was a 96 7.3 with injectors, turbo, blah, blah...) Im going to get an extented warranty that my work sells thats GREAT coverage!!! I plan to keep this 08 for a LONG time ...I hope...
Old 12-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

There's been a few issues with the '08-10 trucks, the main headache being the radiator. Other then that, not much different then any other vehicle you'll buy. Every vehicle has it's list of problems, will you have them? Who knows.

Just remember, people come on forums to report problems and find answers to their problems. It's rear that you find a user who just comes to report how great their truck is. For every owner or post you see reporting a problem, there are many, many others that are not having issues at all.

Has your buddy reported any problems with his truck? I'm guessing not otherwise you wouldn't even be thinking about it now. As an '08 owner myself, I'd say go for it if its the truck you want.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have to agree with the comments on the radiators with the 08. Mine's a Job 3 and I just had the radiator replaced. I had it in for service at 30,000 miles, I bought it with 26,000, and had them specifically check the radiator, no problems. 37,000 miles I notice a small leak. Luckily I'd bought an extended warranty from the dealer for $2,400. The radiator and a sticky door lock has paid back $1,400 of my original investment, I'm guessing it'll pay for itself before too long.

The warranty I got is not the Ford warranty which extends to 5 years from the in-service date. The one I got, from the dealer but not the Ford warranty, extends to 5 years from the date of purchase of the warranty. Big difference.

Otherwise I love the truck. Tows like a beast, of course I'm coming off a 1/2 ton Chevy Suburban gasser which leaves much to be desired when towing over a 10,000 foot Colorado mountain pass.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bph927 View Post
Guys I need some help making a decision. I just sold my 97 F250 7.3 CC 4x4 and I still have my 06 Megacab Cummins. But I am trying to sale it also to buy my friends 08 F250 Lariat with 16k miles on it for 30,000. I think it's a good deal but I just don't want to keep it in the shop. I went through the 6.0 world and it about drove me crazy. Any input is appreciated thanks

Price seems to be good. What is the build date? I'd stay away from a job 1 built truck. Remember the 6.4s MPGs SUCK.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Job 1

What do you mean when you say a job 1 built truck? I am a Ford man and would love to go back to a F250. I had a 05 and 06 and could not keep them out of the shop. Whatever I get just want to get a feel from some of you that have been driving these for a while.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
What do you mean when you say a job 1 built truck? I am a Ford man and would love to go back to a F250. I had a 05 and 06 and could not keep them out of the shop. Whatever I get just want to get a feel from some of you that have been driving these for a while.
The early 08s (6.4) where built at the job 1 plant and these seem to have more problems than later builds.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Find out when the truck was built. If it was built in 07 then it would be a job 1 truck. Those are the ones that you hear stories about having a lot of problems.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:16 PM

Just spring for a slightly used '11.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.