2010 Fuel Economy - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 06:19 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2010 Fuel Economy

I bought my 2010 in April and it now has just over 8,000 miles on it. I have been running the Lucas fuel additive in every tank. The motor, exhaust, intake, etc. are all bone stock. I have a leveling kit and am running 295/65-20 Nitto Trail Grapplers. MY FUEL MILEAGE SUCKS!!! In fact, it has since day one. I am averaging just over 9 miles to the gallon. I don't drive like an a-hole and rarely get heavy on the pedal. Does this sound right?? What are you other guys getting? Do you think something is screwed up or this just what to expect with all of the new emission crap?? I love my truck and am willing to suffer through it but I sure wish it was better......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Before I added the lift and tires or modded, I was getting 14.5-16 avg, hand calculated, sounds like something is not right. It seemed to me that the 2010's were getting better mileage than than the 09's, but not sure.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

well if you got a 450 with a 4.88 rear end then your doing pretty good . but i take it thats your in town mpg? and it does seem low. with the set up in my sig and not tuned i saw 9-10 in winter to 11-12 in summer lifted in town. and i've picked up 2.5-3 mpg since i tuned it.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:25 PM

I guess I should actually hand calculate a few tanks....I've heard the computer generated ratings can be wrong??? It would be a nice surprise to find out that I am actually doing a little better than the computer is telling me. I'd be happy as hell to get 14-15MPG !!

PS - How do you like the MiniMaxx ??
Old 12-22-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 View Post
well if you got a 450 with a 4.88 rear end then your doing pretty good . but i take it thats your in town mpg? and it does seem low. with the set up in my sig and not tuned i saw 9-10 in winter to 11-12 in summer lifted in town. and i've picked up 2.5-3 mpg since i tuned it.
I wish!! Just a plain 'ol F-250 Lariat 4wd... nothing special..
Old 12-23-2010, 06:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have a 2010 F250 2WD, Crew Cab, 3.55 rear. I am running Opti-Lube additive and Platinum Plus. The oil is 5w-40 synthetic, and I have a bed cover. My mileage is 18 to 20 highway and around 12 to 13.5 city.

Last trip of 120 miles (about 5% was city) the truck got 20.4 MPG. That was on the lie-o-meter. However hand calculations have shown the lie-o-meter to be within a few tenths.

I am surprised there seems to be such a wide range of mileage in these trucks.

Last few tanks of mixed highway and city have been around 16.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:24 AM

Almost all of my driving is city, I'm sure that does not help. I'm going to hand calc the next few tanks and see if the lie-o-meter is accurate and the mileage just sucks or hopefully I am getting a little better than it says....Good thing I only live a couple of miles from the office...

Hell, maybe I should just buy a Prius to drive around during the week...
Old 12-23-2010, 12:27 PM

My 08 F250 Crew is getting arouond 9.5 in the city. 373 gears on stock 20's. That is my average cold weather mileage. It does about 11 in the city in warmer weather. Everything else on my truck has been trouble free and perfect but the mileage sucks.

Last edited by jbetzelb; 12-23-2010 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Mis spelling
Old 12-23-2010, 02:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to Dim Sum
I got my 2010 in April. Before the tuner, I could get between 16-18 on the highway empty.

In town, it would dip way down, but never that low. I didn't get that low towing my ATV and car across the country this summer.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloavfan View Post
I guess I should actually hand calculate a few tanks....I've heard the computer generated ratings can be wrong??? It would be a nice surprise to find out that I am actually doing a little better than the computer is telling me. I'd be happy as hell to get 14-15MPG !!

PS - How do you like the MiniMaxx ??
I understand the frustration.. I would have been happy, no... elated... no...utterly and completely ecstatic to get 14-15 mpg. I could not take it anymore. Baby it to get 14, then have the regen strip it away. I saw 7-9 quite a bit just driving without going easy on it. The 2011, can warm up in the morning idling, drive it all day, shutting it off, restarting it, drining to multiple locations, idle it when working if needed,shut it down at night...repeat for 2 additional days and still get 15 overall not babying it. When I had the 09, I wanted to keep the 6.4 warranty, did not drop the high $ dpf, or tune it. The mileage ruined the 'enjoyment' of the otherwise great truck. The 2011, fits the bill. The additional monthly payment is made out of my fuel savings.

Just my .02. With the dollar being devalued, oil has to go up. I wanted to take whatever hit on my 09 before fuel prices took thier toll....again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.