Tell me what you think!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2007, 07:38 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Tell me what you think!!!

Ok guys, as I'm sure some of you have read and seen there is a guy on the other forum who has cut off the cat and DPF. He isn't telling anyone how he did it and him and I got into a "pissing contest" and now he isn't selling me his part, so I'll try to make it as short as possible. I'm want to cut off the DPF, now it has two sensors one in front one in the rear. The DPF is just there to "catch" the soot and when it gets to a certain level the truck "burns" it off. This leads to my problem. I'm 99% sure if I leave the sensors out of the straight pipe the CEL will come on and the truck won't run. So now I'm asking what do you guys think the those sensors do? I believe there are two possible answers. The first is that the sensors might measure the soot, but I don't think that because wouldn't the CEL go off when the soot is being burned off I mean there are going to be traces right? The second, I believe is this, all the sensors do is measure airflow and when the rear is reading up to par then it sends the truck in regen mode. So if the truck is reading good airflow there is no regen mode and there are little puffs of black smoke , like on the video. Now the guy claims his CEL isn't on which leads me to believe all the sensors do is measure airflow. I've got a buddy who has a exhaust shop and I'm going to do it sooner or later, I was just want your input. Please don't give me the warranty speech, I know it, I just want to know what you think. Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2007, 08:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jngreen
That sucks man. I wonder why he is not willing to share info.

If you were to take of the DPF, I would make sure that you could easily put it back on in case you have to have any warranty work or if you just can't make the sensors cooperate. I saw that video on the other forum. Looks like it would work....
Old 06-13-2007, 10:06 AM
Let's Run'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by jngreen View Post
That sucks man. I wonder why he is not willing to share info.

If you were to take of the DPF, I would make sure that you could easily put it back on in case you have to have any warranty work or if you just can't make the sensors cooperate. I saw that video on the other forum. Looks like it would work....
Yeah I was going to take off the DPF as one piece with the flange so I could put it on there if needed.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

just out of curiosity, what happens if you take the sensors out and just let them hang in the air under the truck? does it fire the cel?
Old 06-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'd be willing to take of the dpf but I would rather wait until Banks or MBRP makes a delete system for it. I just don't want to take it off and have problems with engine lights and the computer.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Let's Run'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagnuten View Post
just out of curiosity, what happens if you take the sensors out and just let them hang in the air under the truck? does it fire the cel?
Don't know I was going to try it tonight...
Old 06-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

This may not work, but is it possible to find out what voltage/ohm's the sensor sends to the computer? If you can find that out you can probably buy some resistors and stuff at radio shack and rig up a "test box" and splice it into the sensor wire.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Let's Run'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigscrb15 View Post
This may not work, but is it possible to find out what voltage/ohm's the sensor sends to the computer? If you can find that out you can probably buy some resistors and stuff at radio shack and rig up a "test box" and splice it into the sensor wire.
Jesus! that doesn't sound complicated, but uhmmmmm any ideas how I find what voltage there is to the sensor?
Old 06-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
volt meter??? hehe j/k
Old 06-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Let's Run'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue01F250 View Post
volt meter??? hehe j/k
My bad! I meant is there a certain number of volts I'm looking for, sorry I've done my share of wiring, but nothing like rigging something like this up....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.