6.4 need Oasis or just general advice on them - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 07:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4 need Oasis or just general advice on them

hey guys i am thinking of getting a used 6.4 to replace my recently stolen '06 6.0.
Here are the 2 trucks i'm looking at. I am wondering if anyone can run the Oasis report on these or jsut tell me if there is something that stands out with these two trucks that I should avoid? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

This is the first one, VIN #1FTSW21R68EA68737

2008 Used Ford Super Duty F-250 Lariat at Chevrolet of Turnersville, NJ | GMC, IID 5827493

This is the second one: VIN # 1FTWW31R68EB42021

2008 FORD F-350 - Kelley Blue Book
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2010, 08:50 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
dude, i hate to hear your truck got stolen! i hope everything works out with dealing with that. and i checked out those trucks, and both of them seem like good trucks. i dont know how to do the oasis report, but from my point of view i think they both look like great trucks. they both have all the goodies you could ask for on them. good luck with the new purchase!
Old 09-17-2010, 08:58 AM
Now I'm Strokin6.4Liters

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Try to figure out the build date on the trucks so you can figure out which Job it is. From there I would get an oasis report on both and then if they are both clear, go with whichever truck is a later job #. If they both have clear oasis reports and are both Job 3s then I would go with black, because personally I just like black trucks.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to maddenjr
White is right!!! They both look sick im just all about the short bed!!!! Good luck
Old 09-20-2010, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokin6Liters View Post
Try to figure out the build date on the trucks so you can figure out which Job it is. From there I would get an oasis report on both and then if they are both clear, go with whichever truck is a later job #. If they both have clear oasis reports and are both Job 3s then I would go with black, because personally I just like black trucks.
i like the black one better too. I got this orginal window sticker. can you tell what the build date is from it? I don't see a date anywhere but at the very bottom right but not sure it's the build date..it says 05 14 07. does that sound right? here's a scanned copy of it:
Old 09-20-2010, 07:23 AM
Now I'm Strokin6.4Liters

Yeah that could be your build date. If that is your build date then that would make it a job 1. While that isn't a bad thing, its not really a good thing either. If you decide to tune the trucks then you could run into radiator or headgasket problems. I'm not saying a Job 1 is a bad truck because there are plenty of job 1s on here that haven't had any problems but it seems like you see more job 1s with problems than job 2 and 3.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:34 AM

yeah i got teh dealer to fax me the Oasis report and it's kinda questionable. I've never read one of these before but it's got alotta red flags. hard shifting, radiator replaced, white smoke from tail pipe, deisel smell in cab, etc. all the issues were fixed but it kinda makes you wonder when the next issue is gonna show itself.

the truck is also a long bed!! after all my questions to the dealer she finally tells me she was wrong and it's a long bed! it was hte first question i asked her. (I shoulda felt kinda dumb since it's listed on the windo sticker too and i didn't notice either.)

I think i'm gonna pass on this one and try to find a similar one with a short bed.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Now I'm Strokin6.4Liters

I would definitely pass on that truck. If it has those kind of problems already then you could be dealing with those problems after the warranty goes and and that can put a hurting on your wallet
Old 09-20-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokin6Liters View Post
I would definitely pass on that truck. If it has those kind of problems already then you could be dealing with those problems after the warranty goes and and that can put a hurting on your wallet
sounds like good advice! thanks for your help!
Old 09-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Now I'm Strokin6.4Liters

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyroastbeef View Post
sounds like good advice! thanks for your help!
No problem man. I looked for my 08 for 6 months before I found one I liked. I know it sucks but be patient and find one you really like. Its better to wait a little while longer and get exactly what you want than to buy a truck and then 6 months later be thinking "Man that truck at the dealership is really nice, maybe I should trade." And then you lose a couple thousand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.