Several codes, no power, Bad computer? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Several codes, no power, Bad computer?

So I have some big issues and I hope someone here can help me out. Yesterday I decided that I would change tunes on my 08 f350 to show my buddy what i had for tunes as he just bought a truck like mine today. Anyways, did just a basic tune swap and no problem. Drove for half the day and then went to switch it up again. Tune seemed to load and everything like normal, then when i went to drive away the power died off. Tried driving away again and figured the tune didnt take. Anways the check engine light came on and it threw some codes. So i returned to stock, and tried loading up a tune again and the same story. Power would die off and when i did drive it the boost didnt seem to want to climb very high and the engine light was on again. So the codes that I am getting are as follows. U2011, U0115,U0100 and U0101.

It seems like either the full engine tuning didnt get fully installed or that the transmission didnt take all the way.

Also, today when i was driving it did the same thing. Would accelerate ok, then all of sudden it would fall on its face for a few seconds and then it would go again. BUt it feels like i am running of part of a motor or no boost. however, for a little bit full power and the works was restored and it ran good...then a few blocks later back to the crap mode. It almost seems like it is in limp mode or something.

Any Ideas? i am thinking possibly a failing computer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2010, 09:17 PM

Talked to Matt at SCT and he said to retune and disable the EGR...everything is good now. Sounds like my EGR valve is hooped again.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:11 AM

I had the exact same thing happen to me earlier this year, and just had to retune it about 4 times and it would run. It happened again later and I finally just got a $100 tune sent from Innovative and haven't had the issue yet again.

I had heard to disable the egr, but I don't have it deleted so I just never did that. I can't imagine that's good to just disable it, because it should cycle the egr if you've still got it at idle. It seems like they have this fix because something doesn't agree with their tunes and the egr.

I had a few dealings with Matt and I think Jesse on another board, and they just blamed me a few times and that was that. Said they were working on a real fix, but then they backed out when there was only 3 of us having the issue on the same day.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:41 AM

Thats funny, they have always been great to me. I never had a problem until i went to change out tunes the other day but it happened when i went from my RCD tunes back to my livewire based extreme tune and then after that i couldnt get it to work properly even on my rcd tunes until he told me to disable the egr in the options.

I agree, withouth blockoff plates it probably isnt the best thing for the truck. I am just doing this and tonight going to put everything back to stock and take it in for a bad rear pinion seal and hopefully the codes show up so that i can get the egr done under warranty.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:26 AM

The U codes are set by the SCT. It is possible that the RCD tunes altered something that did not come back with the canned tunes. It is probably best to return to stock then try again. All that turning off the EGR in the livewire does is disable the EGR codes and monitoring. I don't know why they tell you to disable the it in the computer when the EGR is still running on the truck. Just as Tripple, I have not gotten a good fuzzy when talking to SCT support
Old 09-21-2010, 06:52 AM

well it worked for a couple days and now throws codes and turns the engine light on regardless of what tune i am running. EGR is definately hooped.

She goes in tomorrow for another EGR replacement...bets on if the housing also has to be replaced yet again due to a frozen egr valve? I figured tuned and with not seeing the same temps because of no regen that this valve would last. Guess I was wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.