2010 6.4 6speed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2010 6.4 6speed

I have been lookin to trade my 07 mustang v6 in on a new truck. Today i found a 2010 F250 XL super cab 4x4 manual trans with a wopping 15 miles on it. sticker price $43,xxx, the rebates and special event sale dropped it down to $31,288+TTL. My question is... do you think they will come down more? Im goin in the morning to work a deal so if anyone has any advise or tips for buyin this bad boy I would be very greatfull to hear them. I really hope im making a good buy. I think i am. im a 7.3 guy so this is a new road for me. any help is appreciated. Thanks guys and gals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2010, 01:24 AM
Powerstroke Techie

I am not sure how much better you're going to get for a deal, but that sounds like a pretty badass rig.

Manual trucks are real hard to come by, I was going to order one special when I bought mine, but I woulda had to wait like 8 weeks for it to be built, plus however long it would take to ship it to just about Alaska, so I figured I'd jump in one they had on the lot.

I got quite a bit off on mine, but at the same time, I work for the dealership, so I imagine I got a little better slice than most would have.

It's an XL... does it have the XLT appearance package with the nicer headlamps? Or does it have the ugly sealed beam lamps?

As for advice? See if you can get 'em to throw some **** in with the deal... bedliner, undercoating, extended warranty, etc.

Find out what it's worth, but if you're willing to spend it, I'd buy the following:

Diesel Care Ulitmate w/FMPP (oil changes, fuel filters, tire rotations, all the maintenance **** all covered)
Premium Care Warranty (covers pretty near EVERYTHING on the truck, to pretty much however much mileage you are willing to pay for)

Also see if you can get a tire/rim warranty depending on what kinda wheels/tires are on it, rims and tires can be real expensive if you were to clobber a pot hole or curb or something, most times it's covered, I think. I'm not a hundred percent sure on how the tire/wheel warranty works, so check on that for sure.

See how much of a deal they can do on the warranty, they aren't real cheap if memory serves me rightly.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Angry Hillbilly View Post
I am not sure how much better you're going to get for a deal, but that sounds like a pretty badass rig.

Manual trucks are real hard to come by, I was going to order one special when I bought mine, but I woulda had to wait like 8 weeks for it to be built, plus however long it would take to ship it to just about Alaska, so I figured I'd jump in one they had on the lot.

I got quite a bit off on mine, but at the same time, I work for the dealership, so I imagine I got a little better slice than most would have.

It's an XL... does it have the XLT appearance package with the nicer headlamps? Or does it have the ugly sealed beam lamps?

As for advice? See if you can get 'em to throw some **** in with the deal... bedliner, undercoating, extended warranty, etc.

Find out what it's worth, but if you're willing to spend it, I'd buy the following:

Diesel Care Ulitmate w/FMPP (oil changes, fuel filters, tire rotations, all the maintenance **** all covered)
Premium Care Warranty (covers pretty near EVERYTHING on the truck, to pretty much however much mileage you are willing to pay for)

Also see if you can get a tire/rim warranty depending on what kinda wheels/tires are on it, rims and tires can be real expensive if you were to clobber a pot hole or curb or something, most times it's covered, I think. I'm not a hundred percent sure on how the tire/wheel warranty works, so check on that for sure.

See how much of a deal they can do on the warranty, they aren't real cheap if memory serves me rightly.
Thanks for the info, I will for sure have to check on that. the truck has the XLT look. im not too crazy about the sealed beam lights. we have an 08 at work with them and they seem so primative, dim, and dont cover area well. I love the fact that this thing is stick. It kinda shocked me when i looked in the window and saw the shifter. Im leaving my house in an hour to go sign papers(I hope)
Old 09-04-2010, 07:06 AM
Premium Member

Good luck. You won't regret getting the manual. Love mine.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Powerstroke Techie

I'm glad I didn't get a stick truck.

I hammered up my back real real bad, and I'd have a hell of a time dummying a clutch pedal, so the automatic worked out in my favor, this time.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:40 AM

My dad has a 6.4 6-speed work truck.

Just had to take it in because one of the bolts holding the shifter in didn't get thread locker put on it allowing it to back out.

If you get the truck, you might want to raise the boot and check all the bolts.

His has 20K miles so far and it's an AWESOME truck. The hand shaker is definately a great option!
Old 09-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Powerstroke Techie

You gotta upgrade the clutch to put any sort of tunes to it. My buddy had the 210 in his, and the stock clutch slipped at WOT.

I put a South Bend clutch in it for him at the shop, it holds the power, but it's kinda clunky to drive, but as I said before, I got a ****ed up back, which makes my leg not work worth a ****, he seems to like it. He got used to it.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Premium Member

My stock clutch slips at WOT with the 125 tune. The 210 tune on manual trucks is a total dog, Spartan's working on it I guess. Mick told me to try the 125 tune and it was unbelievably better. I'll run that until I get my SBC.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Powerstroke Techie

You oughta try the KEM 275 tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.